Senior Category Buyer
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123104055
Senior Category Buyer
Derby, West Midlands
Circa £40k plus bonus, excellent benefits (up to £45k considered)
The business is a leader in rail rolling stock and sub systems asset management, with a track record demonstrating over £100bn invested into the development, maintenance, and innovation of commercial and passenger rail systems. With a further £1bn of investment planned over the coming years this is a fantastic opportunity to support and drive this journey as part of the organisation's procurement and commercial team. The company's goal which you will support consists of the management of assets to ensure performance, safety, and long-term suitability over their full economic life.
As a Senior Category Buyer, you will be supporting Category Manager in the procurement of goods, engineered components, systems and services in line with strategic category plans.
You will ensure that the best value for money is obtained, while adhering to the highest level of quality and supplier performance. Acting as the interface between the engineering/project management function and rest of the team you will ensure that all service levels are achieved, and issues escalated in a timely manner.
You will develop an understanding of synergies that may exist across the different categories, fleets and projects throughout the business and identifying opportunities to add additional value, reduce cost and improve quality.
General duties include but are not limited to:
- Managing end to end procurement processes to include the use of RFI, RFP, ITT and supplier negotiation skills aimed at achieving benefit and maximum value from agreements.
- Post contract award supplier management, tracking supplier performance against the
improvements where needed.
- Act as a subject matter expert to all internal stakeholders for sub systems in your category.
- Support the improvement of procurement systems and processes.
- Act as a point of escalation for commercial issues through operational delivery.
- To proactively drive innovation and sustainability across the supply chain through sourcing
The successful candidate:
- Experience of engineering and quality driven environments. Rail would be a distinct advantage however candidates from Aerospace or Automotive manufacturing for example would be of interest.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts, key clauses within supplier agreements and an ability to draft commercial agreements is essential.
- Experience of delivering end to end procurement processes, achieving desired value in agreements utilising Rfx, RFI and ITT tools.
- Use of procurement tools and systems, Oracle and e- procurement systems would be
- CIPS qualifications, ideally level 4 and upward.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, access to performance related bonus scheme, contributory pension scheme (contributions half matched), healthcare, 33 days holiday including statutory holidays and the benefit of a professional development budget to support your career growth.
To apply or for more information, please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People, part of the Executive Network Group.