Salary: £45000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123104053
You have the opportunity to join multi-disciplined, civil engineering and utility contractor based from their head office in the West Midlands. As Procurement Manager you will be responsible for management and development of the procurement team which includes two direct reports.
You will support the Head of Supply Chain in developing and implementing procurement process and procedures as well as supporting on strategic initiatives. This function within the business is responsible for both buying / purchasing and also subcontractor management, including tenders, negotiations and promoting best value as opposed to best price. Building and supporting Preferred Supplier Agreements, managing these relationships and monitoring performance. In addition, supporting Capital Expenditure initiatives, working closely with department heads and key stakeholders.
Ideal candidate experience:
• Experience as either Procurement Manager, Category Manager, Senior Buyer or similar role within a Procurement Function.
• Experience within the Construction industry.
• Track record of both buying and subcontractor management.
• Deliver best value procurement.
• Support on tenders.
• Able to develop and upskill the existing team.
You will receive a basic salary of £45,000 to £50,000 plus car or allowance, pension and healthcare.