Interim Category Manager - Digital / IT
Salary: £350 per day
Job Type: Temporary
Job Ref: 123104049
Interim Category Manager
Coventry base (remote working while COVID restrictions are in place)
Inside IR35 - £350 per day
We are seeking a Category Manager to support a digital / IM team on a specific project across data collection methods and communication methods for a large utilities business based in Coventry. Due to the nature of the work in scope we are seeking ideally applicants with proven experience of category management within digital / IT / tech for large multi stakeholder organisations, experience of OJEU would be an advantage but not essential. The contract is initially for a 2 month period however is subject to extension. The role offers remote working initially however applicants must be able to attend offices in central Coventry as COVID restrictions are relaxed.
The role will be responsible for the strategic management and ownership of a digital category eluding to equipment monitoring via data collection and communication methods. This role has a portfolio of circa £50m per annum and the aim of the role is to deliver a sustainable supply chain to ensure external expenditure is effectively managed to deliver the lowest cost and highest standards.
• Profiling / researching supply markets and suppliers and assessing trends, opportunities
and risks. Over time the person will be expected to develop an expert knowledge of the
assigned category areas.
• Developing and implementing category strategies which fulfil business requirements
(costs and performance) and which recommend strategic sourcing options and
implementation plans and ensure compliance with all legislative requirements.
• In partnership with the stakeholders proactively lead all necessary tendering and supplier
selection processes, ensuring that the organisational tendering process is followed at all
• Responsible for supplier selection, managing the tender process and implementing
contracts including the development of SLAs and KPIs.
• Monitor usage of contracts implemented and put in place actions to maximise contract
compliance (e.g. effective communication with stakeholders and use of SAP catalogues).
• Effectively liaise and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure that their
business needs are met (acting as a single point of contact for all communications from
the departments concerned and not just those for the categories managed).
• Responsible for identifying and managing supply chain risk
• Ensure the timely delivery of procurement projects which achieve targeted savings and
drive a high value outcome for the business.
• Lead negotiations with sophisticated suppliers through proven negotiation tactics.
Applicants will ideally be educated to degree level and / or have completed CIPS training.
An immediate start is available for a suitable candidate following a very quick and short interview process due to the urgency behind the requirement.