Category Manager Procurement Category Manager
Salary: £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123104047
Up to £55k plus car allowance (£6500) plus benefits
Based in Finsbury, London (Covid safe while required)
The business is a leader in property management and property services with an impressive heritage spanning over 150 years. To support further growth within existing and new customer projects we are seeking a Category Manager to effectively act as a procurement business partner across multiple categories. The role will see you managing vendor relationships and generating new vendor relationships aligned to supporting internal and customer stakeholders with all supply chain requirements. You will support the winning and mobilisation of new agreements working closely with bid teams with regard to all supplier and procurement based considerations. This is a great opportunity for a procurement professional with a proven background in property, estates and / or facilities to make an impact delivering value through effective supplier relationship / performance management and negotiation skills.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
• Development, maintenance, communication and execution of category sourcing strategy / strategies to optimise value to the Group through identifying key trends, client portfolios, continuous service improvements, savings and opportunities particularly within the service line.
• Development and execution of annual operations plan (including rationalisation plan, mobilisation, cost reduction plan, service improvement plans and supplier development/performance management plan).
• To lead contract negotiations and demonstrate commercial acumen in the vendor selection, negotiation and drafting of contracts that promotes value, lower costs and higher service levels and adhere to company Procurement Policy.
• Ensure all services are specified to ensure consistent service delivery and performance levels across the managed service line including relevant statutory requirements, legislation, SLA’s and KPI’s.
• Manage the vendor performance review process monitoring relevant SLA’s and KPI’s and introduce initiatives to enhance partnerships with vendors wherever possible.
• Implement and manage improvement plans where service delivery is not to the required standard.
• Develop and share best practice and innovation across the team and wider business.
• Maintain up to date service line knowledge of all relevant legislation, industry standards and best practice.
• To provide support to in house and consultancy service offerings where required.
• Proactive contribution to development and refinement of procurement process, policies, procedures and systems.
• Maintain software and systems including reporting, contract build, contract agreements and monitoring of suppliers and contract usage including contract review, system entry, budget review, renewal notifications and liaise with legal where required.
• Promote the development of good relationships throughout the group and proactively seek out opportunities to enhance revenue streams within the property management resources division.
• Ensure issues are appropriately addressed in conjunction with the Procurement Manager and relevant stakeholders.
• Provide leadership, performance management, support and guidance to all direct reports.
• Deputise for the Procurement Manager and complete necessary tasks where appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate:
A relevant degree
CIPS as a minimum to level 4
Proven experience in a procurement role within a property management business is highly desirable
Proven experience of adding value across a supply chain covering both cost and service
In return you will receive a competitive salary, car allowance and post probation a competitive pension and private health care. In addition there is potentially support with professional development such as CIPS.
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Procurement People, part of the Executive Network Group.