Senior Buyer - Hard FM
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123104034
Senior Buyer – Hard FM
Can be based anywhere is UK, regional offices in Stoke on Trent, Birmingham and Surrey. Field based with occasional travel to nearest regional office.
National travel required
Circa £55k plus bonus and car allowance
We are seeking a driven Senior Buyer to join the national procurement team of a leader within the Facilities Management service provision sector. This is an excellent opportunity for an existing Senior Buyer, Souring Manager, Category Manager already working within the sector looking to move into a Head of Procurement role or similar in the next few years. We have an excellent HOP in place looking to mentor you within this national organisation into a senior management role to support the development of the function and ultimately your career with it.
The content of the work will be specifically focused upon sourcing and contract management of technical services / hard FM and so we are seeking applicants with a proven background of strategic procurement practice across mechanical and electrical goods and service providers within the facilities management sector or potentially from a cliet perspective, procuring M&E services from FM organisations. This is a target driven role in which you will be delivering benefit across the supplier base in cost, quality, innovation, service levels and on time delivery. To this end you will be experienced in the delivery of structured procurement competitions and vendor management processes to achive the highest levels of value and benefit for the organisation.
• Manages sourcing activity across a number of business areas to maximise benefit from the spend portfolio.
• Formulates plans maximising scale opportunities across multiple projects.
• Consolidates spend and leverages supplier relationships to deliver the best proposition at the lowest total cost whilst maintaining customer service and product quality.
• Implements strategies which improve commercial performance whilst maintaining compliance and mitigating risk.
• Delivers buying efficiency / compliance, while leveraging spend via the most appropriate buying channel/ supplier.
• Identifies and delivers value improvement initiatives (incl. savings and cash flow targets). Tracks, reports and follows up on savings progress, compliance status and other account activities.
• Sourcing and tendering of work packages using Scanmarket.
• Works collaboratively to define and execute procurement and supply chain solutions that deliver targets.
Professional and personal competencies/qualifications
• Proven experience in Hard FM category procurement. Typically 3-5 years with technical/engineering bias. Demonstrates professional Procurement & Supply Chain capability.
• Degree education. Professional certification CIPS.
• Strong business acumen.
• Knowledgeable in negotiation and contracting processes, tools and systems. Understanding of critical clauses / T&Cs, capable of handling complex supplier relationships.
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People Ltd, part of the Executive Network Group.