Senior Procurement Consultant
Salary: £450000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123104031
Up to £45,000 per annum
Home-based but must be able to commute into Central London at least 1 day a week.
Do you have a wealth of expertise on public sector frameworks? Would you like to deliver best in class procurement advice to schools across the UK?
As a Procurement Consultant it is all about demonstrating best value for money for customers. You will be expected to deliver day to day procurement services and advice as well as run from start to finish the delivery of allocated procurement projects. Customer relationship management is critical to ensure ongoing success as is the ability to think commercially. You will have a commercial mindset, but with a great understanding of public sector procurement frameworks.
You will be responsible for;
· Providing procurement advice and guidance across the full spectrum of categories to schools and multi-academy trusts
· To manage tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of a portfolio of public sector contracts
· To manage negotiation of contract terms on a range of local, regional and Framework contracts and to monitor performance against these contracts
· To manage key client account activities working closely with the representatives from our clients (schools and trusts) and leading in purchasing activity and account development
· To participate in internal and external meetings, promoting procurement best practice
· To have up to date knowledge of related procurement legislation including EU regulations for public procurement essential
· Attend marketing and procurement related functions to speak to new customers about the benefits of using the consultancy
You will have;
· A confident and outgoing personality, and the ability to not only manage contracts and accounts, but to build and develop relationships
· Degree and CIPS qualified is desirable
· Public and private sector experience
· A sound understanding of EU Procurement Law
· A good understanding of OJEU regulations
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an up and coming consultancy, which gives you the chance to grow with them. It is a dynamic and vibrant environment, with an ambitious culture. In return, you will receive a salary of £45,000 plus additional benefits.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, please apply with your CV or speak to Selina at Procurement People.