Commercial Pillar Lead - Digital & Technology
Salary: £57721 - £71259 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103995
Commercial Pillar Lead – Digital & Technology
Based in Segensworth, Fareham OR London OR Newport, Wales
£57,721 to £66,999 plus Civil Service Pension and benefits (£60,775 to £71259 London)
Good flexible working policy
We are supporting a function within the Civil Service with the recruitment of a commercial expert and experienced leader as a consequence of a transformation project. This role will be a key position leading a team focused upon procurement and commercial agreements relating to digital & technology (D&T). This a great opportunity to join the finance planning and performance directorate with your purpose being the management of sourcing activities, third party spend and relationships across a supply chain that delivers on all areas of digital and technology.
In this role you will lead a team of Category Managers in the delivery of a combination of procurement (sourcing) and contract management or SRM activities although this team does lean towards sourcing and front end procurement. You will be developing, implementing and driving strategy through your team for the D&T Pillar (digital & technology) designed to ensure the organisation is obtaining the best possible value for money and service levels through structured market mapping and sourcing and vendor agreements while seeking and obtaining innovation and efficiency improvements. This will be achieved while ensuring good structured contract and associated risk governance to include compliance against UK and EU regulations and directives.
This is a senior post and a critical leadership role. You will be part of a Senior Leadership Team who will support the Commercial Director in delivering a revised approach to Commercial activities within the organisation including building commercial capability and delivering the organisational commercial strategy. We are seeking someone with the soft skills required to build relationships and influence at a senior level to gain sight of future requirements and opportunities and influence decision making among senior stakeholder communities.
• Accountable for all commercial activities across the Digital and Technology (D&T) Pillar; ensuring the organisation manages key areas of spend and suppliers, whilst working strategically with key
stakeholders in order to achieve organisational goals.
• Apply in-depth understanding of how the business and the external marketplace interact and perform to structure appropriate Pillar (and Categories) approach, recommending actions that will
improve performance and provide business benefits and value. Analysing Pillar (and Category) spend, producing insightful MI, presenting to senior management key findings and alternative
• Identifies markets to strengthen the range and quality of options available to government in its commercial arrangements. Builds relationships with suppliers to understand market interest in
working with the organisation maintaining awareness and keeping abreast of constantly changing Digital and Technology systems. Acting as procurement business partner for IT stakeholders at
all levels for both consultative and procurement led activity.
• From commercial expertise and knowledge of Digital and Technology (D&T) will identify resource requirements to deliver the commercial pipeline. Will Lead and be accountable for the
performance and development of their team; acting as a role model in supporting and energising teams to build confidence in their ability to deliver outcomes. Arranging and attending key
presentations and demonstrations of Digital and Technology requirements to organisation Stakeholders
• Engage with other government departments (as required) in order to align with current best practice and governance requirements. Takes in to account the market, long-term resilience of supply
chains and opportunities to innovate, secure Commercial gain and mitigate risk.
• Considers key Government, financial, legal, policy and commercial issues to develop contracting models and successfully implements these.
• Support the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and service obligations for supplier contracts to ensure inclusion of appropriate service standards, educating contract/ supplier managers on the repercussions of them not being met.
• Can demonstrate an in-depth comprehension of the supply chains for Digital and Technology. Including recognised expertise in the procurement of Digital and Technology products and services
and experience of working with executive teams to align the business strategy and Supplier roadmaps.
• Designs structured approaches to supplier relationship management. Drives value through use of effective negotiations, contract management, including key performance indicators, innovation
and risk management.
• Considers key financial, legal (including licencing) and commercial issues in the development of the commercial model. Implements appropriate contract and performance management regime
within the terms and conditions to effectively secure value and deliver business outcomes.
• Establishes and maintains strategic, effective working relationships with internal stakeholders using a business partner style approach.
• From commercial expertise is able to influence stakeholders to deliver business needs, securing value.
• Applies market and commercial drivers (both internal and external) taking calculated risks to create and execute sourcing strategies that deliver innovative solutions and meet business objectives.
• MCIPS qualified.
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS SUBJECT TO SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE.
For more information or to apply for this vacancy please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People.