Commercial Pillar Lead - Data Collection Services
Salary: £57721 - £66999 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103994
Commercial Pillar Lead – Data Collection Services
Based in Segensworth, Fareham
£57,721 to £66,999 plus Civil Service Pension and benefits
Good flexible working policy
We are supporting a function within the Civil Service with the recruitment of a commercial expert and experienced leader as a consequence of a transformation project. This role will be a key position leading a team focused upon outsourced data collection services and a prelude to additional hires and investment into the team. This a great opportunity to join the finance planning and performance directorate with your purpose being the management of third party spend and relationships across a supply chain that delivers on data collection, analytics, translation, contact centre support and similar.
In this role you will lead a team of 4 Category Managers (set to increase) in the delivery of a combination of procurement and contract management or SRM activities although this team does lean towards a greater requirement for contract management and SRM. You will be developing, implementing and driving strategy through your team for the DCS Pillar (data collection services) designed to ensure the organisation is obtaining the best possible value for money and service levels through vendor agreements while seeking and obtaining innovation and efficiency improvements. This will be achieved while ensuring good structured contract and associated risk governance to include compliance against UK and EU regulations and directives.
This is a senior post and a critical leadership role. You will be part of a Senior Leadership Team who will support the Commercial Director in delivering a revised approach to Commercial activities within the organisation including building commercial capability and delivering the organisational Commercial strategy. We are seeking someone with the soft skills required to build relationships and influence at a senior level to gain sight of future requirements and opportunities and influence decision making.
• Identifies markets to strengthen the range and quality of options available to government in its commercial arrangements. Builds relationships with suppliers to understand market interest in working with the organisation.
• From commercial expertise and knowledge of Data Collection Services (DCS) will identify resource requirements to deliver the commercial pipeline. Will Lead and be accountable for the performance and development of their team; acting as a role model in supporting and energising teams to build
confidence in their ability to deliver outcomes.
• Engage with other government departments (as required) in order to align with current best practice and governance requirements. Takes in to account the market, long-term resilience of supply chains and opportunities to innovate, secure Commercial gain and mitigate risk.
• Considers key Government, financial, legal, policy and commercial issues to develop contracting models and successfully implements these.
• Can demonstrate an in-depth comprehension of the supply chains for Questionnaire Management; Contact Centre; Print & Post Out; Translation and Marketing requirements.
• Designs structured approaches to supplier relationship management. Drives value through use of effective negotiations, contract management, including key performance indicators, innovation and risk management.
• Considers key financial, legal and commercial issues in the development of the commercial model. Implements appropriate contract and performance management regime within the terms and conditions to effectively secure value and deliver business outcomes.
• Establishes and maintains strategic, effective working relationships with internal stakeholders using a business partner style approach. From commercial expertise is able to influence stakeholders to deliver business needs, securing value.
• Applies market and commercial drivers (both internal and external) taking calculated risks to create and execute sourcing strategies that deliver innovative solutions and meet business objectives.
• MCIPS qualified.
PLEASE NOTE THIS VACANCY IS SUBJECT TO SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE.
For more information or to apply for this vacancy please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People.