Salary: £35000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103988
Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
£35k to £50k DOE
This really is an interesting one for a procurement professional looking for their first greenfield opportunity and over time, through performance, develop the role into a Head of Procurement position. We have a Leighton Buzzard family run business that has seen huge growth over the last two years, 80 employees to 170 and a huge jump in customer orders and sales turn over. The business is ready to kick this growth on and repeat over the next two years but before they do, procurement help is needed.
The purpose of the role is to implement a procurement / purchasing function. You will be implementing processes, policies, procedures where there have never been any. You will take control of spend by identifying areas of spend through data and stakeholder engagement. You will then set about the process of rationalising the company supply chain, working through supplier selection processes to ensure a value based, low risk and cost effective supply into the business from all vendors.
The role will cover both direct commodities and indirect services across a business that has a network of mobile engineers / fitters with tools and vehicles to support its product offering across the UK. Areas of spend range from vans, tools, work ware, PPE, stationary / consumables and similar through to IT equipment / services, HR and financial consultancy services and more. The spend in scope is in the region of £20m over circa 300 vendors. Content of the role will include:
• Engaging with all stakeholders at all levels to promote and effectively sell the procurement service and the value you can add with a view to securing stakeholder support and better sight of spend and vendor performance.
• To analyse all areas of spend through data and stakeholder engagement with a view to self identifying projects to deliver structure, cost reductions, greater overall value from vendors and protect the business from risk.
• The hands on delivery of tender process, identifies and instigated by you to include ITT, RFI, RFQ, contract negotiation and contract award.
• The ongoing management of vendor relationships and performance through the review of data and SLA's and KPI's agreed by you.
The person we are we looking for
This role will be a great opportunity for an existing Procurement Manager or maybe a senior strategic buyer to step into your first greenfield environment. This is a rare opportunity to create your own department but to do this you need to engaging, bright and someone the business and the owning family will buy into, your stakeholder and soft skills will need to excellent. Owing to the nature of the role this would suite applicants with good generalist backgrounds although all procurement experience will be considered.
This is a hands on role, you will be the procurement function and so will need the energy required to plan and strategise and then deliver.
This position would be impossible to deliver without proven experience delivering procurement services across the entire cycle from early engagement through to vendor identification, selection, contract award and performance management. For this reason we are only able to consider applicants with proven experience.
Formal procurement qualifications would be a distinct advantage (CIPS).
• A great opportunity to create your own department and really make something your own.
• Excellent future career prospects, Head of Procurement in the next few years?
• A varied procurement role giving great exposure to multiple categories across direct and indirect spend.
• A great family business where decision making is quick and direct allowing you to truly influence.
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer at Procurement people, part of the Executive Network Group.