Lead Strategic Buyer - Mechanical
Salary: £45000 - £48000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103967
Lead Strategic Buyer - Mechanical
£45k to £48k DOE, flexible working, excellent package and conditions.
We have a great opportunity for a Lead Buyer to join our large commercial function that is responsible for procuring and managing supply chain for direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the manufacturing business. Total spend is approximately €500M per year across UK and Europe.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Mechanical team for a lead buyer in the Mechanical domain in support of Manufacturing and Engineering. Commodities in scope include mechanical components produced through machining, pressing, bending forming, laser cutting & profiling, fabrications, castings, fasteners and similar.
• Supporting the development and implementation of group Category strategy, pro-actively providing ideas and solutions.
• Leading negotiations with suppliers to optimise cost, delivery and quality of products.
• Fully collaborating with multifunctional and international teams, to support definition and negotiation strategies for specific categories and/or projects.
• Leading national multi-functional teams as required.
• Managing suppliers and, where necessary, building up longer-term supplier management expectations. Contributing to managing supplier performance in support of the Supply Chain Managers Operational targets.
• Building strong collaborative relationships with internal customers in order to effectively serve their needs, often with shorter than expected timescales.
• Taking a key role in supporting functional excellence programmes, identifying and developing areas for improvement where new processes may be required.
• Providing and presenting briefs and reports for Senior Management reviews including potential issues/risks.
• Identifying & securing savings opportunities to the benefit of company competiveness.
• Raising & negotiating contract documents, raising, maintaining and managing Request for Quotations, Purchase Orders and outstanding order books in an effective and timely manner.
What are we looking for?
• Minimum CIPS level 4 (or working towards) or equivalent
• Procurement and/or Supply Chain experience, managing all activities within the scope of roles with an in depth knowledge of principles, practices and processes
• Good commercial and financial understanding
• Excellent communication skills: able to communicate and collaborate with various levels of internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills: able to secure the best commercial position for the business.
• Knowledge and experience of working in a European context, European language skills an advantage
• Knowledge of Mechanical technologies e.g. Machining, Casting & Fabrications, fasteners etc.
• A proactive & flexible approach to plan and meet demanding deadlines.
What's in it for you?
• You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
• On-the-job training and mentoring in addition to supporting CIPS training for promising individuals.
• International travel will be included as part of the multi-national nature of the team, providing you with the opportunity to learn and work with other cultures.
• An opportunity to develop the procurement strategy for new and emerging technologies within the manufacturing business and commercial functions.
What would you get?
• Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
What's great about the team?
• You will be working in a developing and dynamic team environment, striving for continuous improvement.
• You will be working closely with the multi-functional teams from the category helping to secure a supply base for new and existing requirements
• You will be the Procurement focal point for the category working closely with the Category manager and Supply Chain Manager
• You will be working with colleagues across the group from, mostly Italy and France
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer at Procurement People.