Operational Buyer - Eastleigh
Salary: £35000 - £37000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103959
Operational Buyer – Procurement- FM Services
Salary: c. £35,000 plus a car allowance and benefits
Location: Mobile role covering southern regions (Head office based in Eastleigh, Hampshire)
Are you an experienced Buyer who both thrives in a busy environment and has experience working with indirect procurement?
This role offers you the opportunity to manage your own work diary and join an successful and established company within the Facilities Management sector.
To support the business with all procurement activities while providing a sustainable, cost effective procurement service to the operational business units. The post-holder will also support the current Senior Operational Buyer in achieving business objectives.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU MUST HAVE INDIRECT PROCUREMENT EXPERIENCE – If you do not demonstrate this on your CV, your application will not be suitable.
• Proactively manage and build appropriate operational relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Challenge costs and ensure value for money on all contract spend. Proactively drive cost reduction through effective negotiation and supplier selection.
• Review all new supplier requests and carry out credit and suitability checks
• Influence and support the transition & implementation from non-preferred to preferred suppliers, where possible
• Carry out preferred supplier operational reviews and minimise contractual risk by the use of appropriate contract terms, conditions and preferred supplier agreements
• First point of escalation for supplier issues
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Experience of indirect procurement within outsourcing of soft and hard services (Preferably within Facilities Management)
• Commercial mindset
• Strong internal and external stakeholder / supplier management skills
• Desirable – previous experience in delivering and developing sustainable procurement objectives
• Excellent communication skills with strong written, presentation and influencing skills
• CIPS qualified (Preferred)
• Valid full drivers licence
If this role is of interest please don't hesitate to email your interest across to email@example.com or apply following this link