Operational Buyer - Eastleigh
Salary: £35000 - £37000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103959
Operational Buyer – Procurement- FM Services
Salary: c. £36,000 plus a car allowance and benefits
Are you an experienced Buyer who both thrives in a busy environment and has experience working with indirect procurement? If so, the below opportunity may be of interest …
This role offers you the opportunity to join a national company within the Facilities Management sector and work alongside a team of likeminded professionals, giving you excellent development opportunities.
To support the business with all procurement activities both operationally & strategically, while providing a sustainable, cost effective procurement service to the operational business units. The post-holder will also support the current Senior Operational Buyer in achieving business objectives.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU MUST HAVE INDIRECT PROCUREMENT EXPERIENCE – If you do not demonstrate this on your CV, your application will not be suitable.
• Proactively manage and build appropriate operational relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Challenge costs and ensure value for money on all contract spend. Proactively drive cost reduction through effective negotiation and supplier selection. Ensure cost negotiation and savings are logged
• Review all new supplier requests and carry out credit and suitability checks
• Influence and support the transition & implementation from non-preferred to preferred suppliers, where possible
• Carry out preferred supplier operational reviews and minimise contractual risk by the use of appropriate contract terms, conditions and preferred supplier agreements
• First point of escalation for supplier issues
• To support the contract teams with the introduction of new contracts, to ensure the provision of a first class service to the customer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Experience of indirect procurement within outsourcing of soft and hard services (Preferably within Facilities Management)
• Commercial mindset
• Strong internal and external stakeholder / supplier management skills
• Desirable – previous experience in delivering and developing sustainable procurement objectives
• Excellent communication skills with strong written, presentation and influencing skills
• Team player and coordinator
• CIPS qualified (Preferred)
• Valid full drivers licence
If this role is of interest please don't hesitate to email your interest across to email@example.com or apply following this link.