Senior Operational Buyer
Salary: £30000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103958
Operational Senior Buyer
Competitive salary + benefits!
Are you an experienced Operational Senior Buyer who could be interested in joining a market leading facilities management provider who works with some of the UK's biggest brands across government, public and private sectors?
Procurement People are delighted to be supporting a successful and established company in their resourcing of an Operational Senior Buyer. In the last three years, this company has seen a period of sustained grown, consistently outperforming the market. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to extend their skillset in a thriving environment and join a collaborative procurement team based in their corporate offices in Eastleigh.
As their Operational Senior Buyer you would have the chance to work with a variety of industry relevant customers and stakeholders, as well as use your knowledge to maximise savings and overall benefits whilst considering quality, service, sustainability and company policy and procedures, under the guidance of the Operational Procurement Manager.
• Support the Business Development teams, identify, prepare and issue enquiry packages and able to source and apply appropriate procurement routes.
• Carry out quotation analysis, evaluation and selection of vendors, present Tender Reviews / Recommendation Reports to Project Management Teams
• Comply with all Supply Chain processes & procedures
• Achieves targets and prepares and presents reports in a timely & accurate manner
• Monitor supplier performance & Increases performance levels
• Develop a culture of superior customer service through proactive engagement with key stakeholders and continuous feedback on improvements.
• Ensure the provision of high quality procurement services support to the organisation's activities for tactical and strategic Procurement
• Lead and support the Operational Buyers to implement roles and responsibilities into the business for Procurement paperwork including completion of FOE/FOT, contractual documentation and new supplier requirements.
• Create a working environment that empowers Operational Buyers to take ownership of their work, encourage innovative thinking, teamwork and a flexible and enthusiastic work culture.
• Develop and maintain strong effective working relationships with key stakeholders observing necessary diligence in procurement activities across the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
• Demonstrable experience as a senior buyer in construction / M&E industries
• Sound commercial/contractual knowledge with regard to procurement of goods and services.
• Line management experience preferred
• Possesses excellent commercial and financial acumen.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Good understanding of Supply chain methodology
• Proven ability to motivate, coach and develop others.
• Ability to follow Procurement Processes.
• Proven ability to champion customer focus.
• Able to withstand challenge.
• MCIPS preferred
• Good IT skills including Word and Excel.
• Strong projects, mechanical and electrical experience/back ground.
If this role is of interest please don't hesitate to email your interest across to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply following this link.