Category Manager - FM and Indirect Services
Salary: £42500 - £48500 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103940
Category Manager – FM & Commercial Functions / Services
Up to £46k basic plus a possible 10% in bonus plus £2.5k for MCIPS qualified candidates.
Flexible working policy (typically one day per week home working)
The business is the largest supplier of water only services to residential and commercial customers, operating from offices in Hatfield. In this instance we are seeking a Category Manager to deliver strategy on spend in the region of £15m to £20m across predominantly indirect and sub contract services. Areas of spend in scope include hard and soft FM, HR, marketing and customer services functions such as in house direct customer services, dept collection and everything in between.
The focus in the role is to engage with stakeholders at all levels, clearly defining parameters and business needs and delivering a procurement strategy across your areas of spend based upon business needs. The roles is very bias to a broad range of indirect services so we will have cost saving targets for you to hit but the focus will be on wider benefit and value added service from the supply chain.
This is a role that would suite applicants with good generalist indirect backgrounds. Existing Category Managers or Senior Buyers with experience of delivering a strategic slant in your work.
To be successful in the role the ideal candidates will have:
• Ideally formal CIPS training, applicants with MCIPS will receive an addition £2.5k in salary.
• Prior proven experience of running competitions through structures procurement processes.
• Working knowledge and experience of EU procurement regulations 2016 would be an advantage.
• Prior proven experience and an ability to build strong stakeholder relationships with an ability to guide and influence others.
We have a lot to offer you in return for your skills and hard work, to include:
• Flexible Working, one day per week in home working is encouraged!
• 26 days holiday on starting plus bank holidays.
• An addition £2.5k on your salary for being MCIPS qualified.
• Study financial support and additional leave for study support if needed.
• A generous pension scheme.
For more information please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Philip Bloomer of Procurement People for an initial conversation.