Assistant Contracts Manager - Procurement
Salary: £32000 - £34000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103938
Assistant Contract Manager
Circa £34k DOE
The business is a PLC sized organisation with excellent facilities at the Berkshire based offices, home to the businesses large commercial and procurement functions.
The role will see you working across a broad range of high value categories which will cover corporate services, digital, engineering, construction, FM, maintenance, MRO and corporate spend across commercial services.
The role will see you working alongside Contract Managers, taking responsibility for some of the lower value and less complex categories from a contract management perspective. You will support with the identification of a pipeline of strategic sourcing and contract management initiatives for specific category areas of spend. You will be supporting all activities within the contract management team to include preparation for negotiations, ensuring initiatives do provide cost and market analysis supporting the delivery of the overall benefit (cost, quality, value) from all third party spend in your categories.
Duties and activities will include:
• To support the implementation of contract management strategies within the function.
• To ensure the contractual terms are delivered from vendors within your category.
• Supporting the delivery of key KPI's within the function such as tail end spend and FA compliance.
• Driving supplier performance, working to predetermined measurements in line with your category needs.
• Developing relationships with key stakeholders across the business internally, third parties and suppliers.
What you will need:
• An ability to deliver improved FA compliance, reducing tail spend
• Ideally MCIPS or working towards
• Good understanding of basic negotiation tools and techniques
• Evidence of leading small, low complexity projects
• Experience in SAP or similar
• Commercial and contractual acumen
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People.