Senior Sourcing Manager
Salary: £65000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103936
Senior Sourcing Manager
££competitive DOE, in the region of £65k plus bonus (up to 20% and car allowance)
The business is a PLC sized organisation with excellent facilities at the Berkshire based offices, home to the businesses large commercial and procurement functions.
The role will see you leading a team and working across a broad range of high value categories which will cover digital, engineering, construction, FM, sub contract, maintenance, MRO and corporate spend across high value commercial indirect services. This is an opportunity to work multiple areas of spend, broadening your experience.
You Will be working predominantly on a project or programme basis, supporting key senior stakeholders with all sourcing requirements within defined areas of spend alongside the wider procurement team. You will be developing a sourcing strategy for each project aligned to stakeholder and business needs with a focus upon securing the best possible value in line with project time scales.
Duties and activities will include:
• Project management and prioritising a number of sourcing initiatives at any one time through agile working and problem solving.
• Driving best practice through a team of Sourcing Managers through the development of effective ways of working while displaying high levels of drive, professionalism.
• You will create innovative sourcing strategies and challenge existing practices to deliver the best value possible.
• Delivering well rounded value from sourcing activities to include consideration to CSR, risk management, health & safety and well-being.
• You will ensure that document and information systems are maintained for future audit purposes.
• Applying an agile and creative approach to negotiations to deliver outcome and value based results, not cost. You will lead sometimes complex and challenging negotiations with a view to seeking a win for both vendor and the business with a focus on delivery and quality.
• You will develop stakeholder relationships across the business internally to include hand over to contract managers and also supplier key stakeholders ensuring positive, value driven outcomes.
• Management and best use of data to support decision making and future benefit delivery.
What you will need:
• Proven experience of leading others while developing and defining function processes and practices.
• Prior experience of delivering in a project or programme based role.
• MCIPS qualified
• Proven experience of developing and implementing category driven project strategies from a sourcing perspective.
• High levels of commercial and contract acumen.
• Ideally a firm understanding of Operating Utilities Contract Regulations 2016.
• Prior experience of digital categories would be preferred.
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People.