Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103932
Buyer – Materials
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 + benefits and car allowance
Procurement People have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Materials Buyer to join a progressive, forward thinking business that has an amazing staff retention rate, fantastic benefits and an excellent scope for long term career progression.
Our client is a successful and expanding family owned Main Contractor and Developer who specialise in mixed residential, schools/colleges and care homes builds and developments.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU MUST HAVE BOTH PROCUREMENT/ PURCHASING AND CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE – if you do not demonstrate this on your CV, your application will not be suitable.
• Procuring materials (carpentry and brickwork) for development sites and negotiating price and delivery terms in line to project timeframe and deadlines.
• Obtaining quotes by forwarding materials and supply requirements.
• Plan purchases prior to projects through communication with project team and by reviewing programme charts and ensuring all materials are procured and delivered within programme. (achieve challenging rebate targets in line with 3rd party manufacturer agreements)
• Authorise invoices for payments, matched with purchase orders and delivery notes.
• Resolving supplier invoice queries and delivery discrepancies by comparing purchase orders to delivery documentation, working along with the Accounts Department.
• Liaising with the Project and Site Managers, Quantity Surveyors and Suppliers on all material orders.
• Assist in building a robust supply chain
• Challenge specifications through considered Value Engineering.
• Involvement in designing and implementing strategies to add value and keep costs down.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead.
• Minimum 2 years of previous experience within purchasing in Construction. Ideally working for a main contractor.
• Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines to ensure business continuity
• Excellent communication skills with strong written and presentation skills
• Excellent IT skills
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills
If you feel you fit the above criteria please apply today, alternatively for more information on this role, please contact Ana Badescu at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260 quoting ref 123103932!