Salary: £27000 - £29000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103930
Up to £29k DOE
The business is a globally recognised manufacturing brand with multiple manufacturing sites in the UK, operations in over 30 countries and employing 36,000 people worldwide. We have an opportunity for a Buyer to join a small purchasing team at the Carlisle plant to support the delivery of structures purchasing support to the company's largest UK factory.
The content of your work will be mostly support buying activities across machinery (CAPEX) and parts or engineering spares (MRO). Outside of this you will also be supporting individual managers and stakeholders across the business, offering procurement based support in a very broad range of content across both direct and indirect purchasing.
You will support stakeholders, guiding them through purchasing activities on goods, materials and services as required, applying good procurement processes with a view to obtaining the best possible price, quality and on time delivery in and bought in goods and services.
Day to day duties and experience needed will include:
• Running competitions through the application of structured tendering processes to include RFI, RFQ, tender process application, supplier vetting and selection or tender award.
• Supplier performance management activities.
• The identification of cost saving opportunities.
• Analysing data to identify spending figures and trends to support future cost saving and spending decision making.
• The correct use of SAP based systems.
• To follow group and local purchasing procedures and practices.
The business is a global group, for this reason occasion travel to include into Europe may be required.
In return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £29k, pension scheme, 33 days holiday, service related bonuses and company product discounts. Working weeks are contracted at 37.5 per week between 08:30 and 17:00 through the week with an earlier finish available on Fridays.
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People.