Lead Buyer - IT Services
Salary: £50000 - £58000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103910
Lead Buyer, Outsourced IT Services
Basic salary from £50k to £58k DOE plus bonus & flexible working, OTE in the region of £63k pending base salary.
Revenues in excess of £3bn, global operation, a team of 70 plus colleagues across purchasing and supply! If you want to work in an environment where investment, growth and opportunity are the norm this is a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a Lead Buyer to support the delivery of the group IT and communications procurement strategy for the UK while supporting the global team. You will form part of an international team, we are looking for someone that gets excited about the challenge and about new ways of working.
We are specifically looking for experience of procurement in IT services, not hardware. In this Lead Buyer role you will be procuring / buying IT services at a strategic level while delivering on supplier management, competition planning and delivery and also contract negotiation in contracts with significant spend. You will be identifying risks and putting in place appropriate mitigation actions while communicating all potential risks to your team.
Core skills, knowledge and ability we are seeking includes:
• Demonstrated background in buying/procuring IT services.
• Demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts with IT service providers.
• Experience of competition planning activities to include bench marking and similar.
• Well-developed soft skills and relationship building/management skills, you will be a strong communicator ideally with exposure to international working.
• An ability to identify and mitigate supply risks.
• The procurement of IT outsourced services at the optimum price, delivery and quality while contributing to cost savings targets and operational efficiency.
• Developing and implementing procurement strategies specifically for Front Office and Back Office IT services.
• Leading multi-functional teams in the running of procurement activities, resolving potentially conflicting needs.
• Influencing and working with internal stakeholders defining service needs through to negotiation and contract management.
• Identifying and testing potential suppliers able to meet group business needs and communicating to the business supplier capabilities that would improve outcomes.
What's in it for you?
• An opportunity to make an impact and see tangible results from your work.
• A competitive basic salary
• Performance bonus
• Great opportunities for growth, development and progression in a large global procurement and supply team.
• Entry into the internal procurement and supply chain development academy.
• An opportunity to work on very interested, advanced ground breaking technology based products.
• Flexible working and paid overtime.
If you are ambitious, have the required skills and experience and would like to know more please just click on the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People.
PLEASE NOTE – THIS VACANCY IS SUBJECT TO SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE. APPLICANTS MUST HOLD BRITISH CITIZENSHIP AND BE ABLE TO PASS STRINGENT SECURITY VETTING.