Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103909
Up to £60K DOE plus up to 22% bonus and great flexible working package.
The Business, a true global leader in the Defence sector, number 1 in Europe and boasting revenue of over £3b annually employing over 10,000 people. We are looking to appoint a Procurement Manager due to growth and to support the essential work delivered by a global Procurement and Supply Chain function responsible for procuring and managing the supply chain for direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. The total spend is approximately €500M per year across a European supply chain.
The Procurement Manager role is a part the UK Mechanical Procurement team. The role is to provide the line management, function development and resource management for the mechanical procurement buying team of 7 experienced Buyers. This supports the alignment and co-ordination between Buyers, Category Management and Supply Chain Manager communities and provide support to meet business needs. This will be focussed upon the procurement of mechanical sub-assemblies while being influenced by the electrical/electronic teams.
This is a role that will in reality be 10% buying and supply chain interaction and 90% people, function, system and process development. To this end the ideal candidate will have good procurement technical skills gained in a manufacturing business and have proven experience of delivering change and improvements through a team and function. People management experience and the confidence to manage experienced Buyers is in this case essential.
As a Procurement Manager you will be driving towards achieving a vision of ‘Creating and enabling the conditions to shape the best performing and sustainable supply base capable of supporting global leadership'.
What are we looking for?
• HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering and or Business Studies or applicable experience
• Commercial acumen, CIPS qualified desired.
• Excellent team leadership, building and communication skills, both written and verbal (Adaptation)
• Proactive approach / self-starter(Lead)
• Excellent negotiation/influencing skills (Lead)
• Good knowledge of cost make-up and pricing(Lead)
• Knowledge and experience of SAP (preferably Materials Management)
• Ability to operate within a European cultural framework
• French/Italian language skills would be an advantage but not essential
• Understanding of Product Assurance / Supply Chain Assurance (continuous improvement philosophy)
• Project Management skills
• Risk Management skills
• People Management and development (experience of direct line management is essential in this role).
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities to include restaurant and gym, bonus schemes (up to 22%) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: This vacancy will require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
For more information please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Philip Bloomer of Procurement People.