Category Manager (FTC) 12 Months
Salary: £40000 - £46000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103896
London and Leicester
Do you consider yourself as a proficient and innovative procurement expert with category management expertise who loves the thrill of a fast paced environment?
We are currently on the search for a committed and passionate Category Manager to work alongside a household name retailer and be ready to play a key role in the next chapter of our clients journey on a 12 month FTC maternity cover.
It will be your responsibility to manage and execute various category activities to specified requirements, in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring an effective provision and service of Category management and supply chain management which delivers significant cost reduction, efficiencies and adds value.
The role responsibilities:
• Working collaboratively with the Procurement manager to ensure successful delivery of the category strategies
• Scoping and developing identified areas of opportunity across categories through spend analysis to ensure the best possible outcome for the business
• Assist in the planning and management of projects
• Delivering of procurement projects within deadlines
• Managing and influencing stakeholders
• Incorporating innovative supply chain solutions for futureproof future.
• Managing and mitigating risk of suppliers
• Conducting negotiations to achieve great outcomes for all parties
•Analyse and interpret data to enable the development and implementation of the most appropriate sourcing strategies.
The Ideal candidate:
• Ideally you will be CIPS qualified
• Demonstrable negotiation experience
• Vendor analysis experience
• Supply chain management experience
• Procurement experience, ideally within Retail, FM, Supply Chain and Energy
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent IT skills including Excel and Oracle
• Organisation skills & Team player
• Great communication and customer service skills
• Problem solving and an ability to focus on multiple projects simultaneously
If this role sounds of interest, please apply with your CV today or get in touch with Ana on 0121 272 8260 at Procurement People!