Interim Procurement Manager
Salary: £225 per day
Job Type: Temporary
Job Ref: 123103883
My client is a rapidly growing management consultancy specialising in procurement and cost reduction. They are looking for a highly motivated, tenacious, client-facing consultant to help manage projects on a prestigious London client and deliver an exceptional service on a 3 month contract with the potential to extend the contract on a £225-£260 day rate.
You will work with existing colleagues, as well as clients to deliver the whole procurement life cycle across multiple categories.
Typically, you will:
• Formulate and manage cross-functional teams to achieve cost reduction targets while ensuring supply reliability and satisfying business requirements.
• Be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects (across various categories of spend).
• Manage the end to end procurement process.
• Monitor and manage supplier performance using Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) techniques.
• Negotiate and implement contracts and supporting SLA's/KPI's.
• Create and deliver client status reports and presentations up to Board level.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• Developing client category spend analysis, identifying clear category profiles and opportunities,
• Defining optimum business requirements which are fit for purpose,
• Analysing category supply market analysis, identifying key suppliers, trends and cost drivers,
• Developing and implementing strategic sourcing strategies,
• Facilitating and managing the RFP process and make sound client recommendations using recognised procurement methodologies,
• Implementing and leading the transition of new suppliers,
• Establishing and developing strong consultative stakeholder relationships,
• Quantifying, tracking and reporting on savings.
• A minimum of three years procurement or relevant consultancy experience,
• A strong customer-focused approach is essential,
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills,
• Proven track record of successfully delivering sustainable cost savings and process improvements,
• Ability to analyse data, distil information and identify key outputs and recommendations,
• Strong collaborator and influencer including the ability to understand clients' needs and consult on new ideas and approaches,
• Comprehensive contract knowledge and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders to effectively manage risk,
• Experience in developing and leading negotiation strategies, including understanding the balance between strategic and financial drivers and contractual requirements,
• Experience in the translation of business requirements into formal procurement strategies,
• Highly self-motivated, tenacious individual exhibiting an outgoing, confident and mature style,
• A team player that thrives while working with others and taking ownership for the end to end delivery of tasks,
• A confident consultant who is able to challenge clients on procurement processes and instigate change.
Required skills and Qualifications
• Degree or similar professional qualification,
• Excellent MS Office Skills,
• CIPS would be highly desirable.
If you wish to apply for the role then click apply to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org