IT Procurement Manager
Salary: £50000 - £75000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103882
IT Procurement Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £75,000 + Benefits
Would you like to join a highly reputable financial services currently going through an exciting period of growth? We are currently seeking a motivated and strategically astute IT Procurement Manager to help and support a key IT Spend portfolio that will shape the future direction of the organisation.
As the IT Procurement Manager, you will lead the procurement activity across a number of key areas of IT spend (inc. core banking platforms, information security, SaaS) with the overall aim of identifying effective solutions and ensuring that value is driven throughout out the IT Supply Chain.
Responsibilities will include;
• Undertaking competitive tendering for IT requirements to demonstrate value for money.
• Bench-marking and negotiation of existing 3rd party supply contracts.
• Ensuring optimum market pricing is achieved, offering solutions where switching to more cost effective providers are required and appropriate.
• Support the IT function with annual budget reporting, building strong stakeholder relationships.
• Define, train and implement new processes enforcing best practice procurement
• Provide accurate and timely reporting to IT senior management and Head of Procurement & SRM as well as advice on procurement strategy aligned to the overall IT strategy.
• Supporting the Procurement function in its top level strategic development plan.
• Coach, guide and mentor other functions regarding best practice procurement
• A proven track record in negotiating contracts up to £5m or above annual value.
• Experience of complex, multi supplier environment covering all IT subcategories (Hardware, Software, IS and Services).
• Experience of a wide range of major IT suppliers, market knowledge, products and pricing models.
• Experience of tender procurement practice and processes.
• Ability to articulate a vision, strategic thinker and also able to deliver and implementation strategies.
• Able to work on own initiative and manage high level of work through to completion.
• Focused on cost reduction and efficiency improvements
• Able to operate under pressure and to meet tight and demanding deadlines
• Strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel, Word & PowerPoint- Oracle experience too (desirable)
• MCIPS qualified/ Degree qualified (required)
• MBA or ITIL Foundation (desirable)
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, don't miss out. For more information on this role, please contact Lionel at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260, or email your updated CV to email@example.com