Procurement Consultant - Marketing
Salary: £45000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103880
Procurement Consultant – Marketing/ Marketing Services
Exciting new opportunity to join a growing management consultancy specialising in procurement and cost reduction. Currently looking for a highly driven, tenacious, client-facing consultant to manage projects and deliver an exceptional service for one of their prestigious London based clients.
You will work in a vibrant environment, with existing colleagues, as well as clients with the objective of delivering the whole procurement lifecycle across procurement projects centred around Marketing and sub-categories, from Media, Digital Marketing, Market research and more.
Typically, you will:
• Formulate and manage cross-functional teams to achieve cost reduction targets while ensuring supply reliability and satisfying business requirements.
• Be responsible for the delivery of multiple projects (across various categories of spend).
• Manage the end to end procurement process.
• Monitor and manage supplier performance using Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) techniques.
• Negotiate and implement contracts and supporting SLA's/KPI's.
• Create and deliver client status reports and presentations up to Board level.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• Developing client category spend analysis, identifying clear category profiles and opportunities
• Defining optimum business requirements which are fit for purpose
• Analysing category supply market analysis, identifying key suppliers, trends and cost drivers
• Developing and implementing strategic sourcing strategies
• Facilitating and managing the RFP process and make sound client recommendations using recognised procurement methodologies
• Implementing and leading the transition of new suppliers
• Establishing and developing strong consultative stakeholder relationships
• Quantifying, tracking and reporting on savings
• A minimum of three years procurement or relevant consultancy experience
• In depth experience within Marketing Procurement sub-categories- Media, Digital Marketing, Market research, however an indirect generalist could be considered for the role
• A strong customer-focused approach is essential
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• Proven track record of successfully delivering sustainable cost savings and process improvements
• Ability to analyse data, distil information and identify key outputs and recommendations
• Strong collaborator and influencer including the ability to understand clients' needs and consult on new ideas and approaches
• Comprehensive contract knowledge and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders to effectively manage risk
• Experience in developing and leading negotiation strategies, including understanding the balance between strategic and financial drivers and contractual requirements
• Experience in the translation of business requirements into formal procurement strategies
• Highly self-motivated, tenacious individual exhibiting an outgoing, confident and mature style
• A team player that thrives while working with others and taking ownership for the end to end delivery of tasks
• A confident consultant who is able to challenge clients on procurement processes and instigate change
Required skills and Qualifications:
• Degree or similar professional qualification
• CIPS- highly desirable
• Excellent MS Office Skills – including Excel and PowerPoint
If this role sounds of interest, please apply with your CV today or get in touch with Ana on 0121 272 8260 at Procurement People! Referrals are welcomed!