Vice President, Commercial & Contracts
Salary: £120000 - £140000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103859
Vice President, Commercial & Contracts
£120,000 to £140,000
My client is a global management consultancy helping clients to plan, design and implement transformations projects. They are now looking to recruit a Vice President of Commercial & Contracts to bolster their senior team.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team of the Contracts Management Group, responsibilities include managing the Government and commercial contracts across Europe & Asia, and contributing to bid & proposal functions for multiple divisions and lines of business within the Group.
The Vice President, Commercial & Contracts' responsibilities include providing contractual guidance to operations, personnel and assigned staff; providing oversight in the negotiation and administration of the group's contracts; ensuring proposals and contracts are issued and administered in accordance with Company policies and procedures as well as client or other applicable regulations; hiring and retaining qualified staff resources and developing or recommending policies and procedures to be used to manage and monitor programs, contracts and proposals.
• Direct/manage the cradle-to-grave contracts and pricing functions for the Europe & Asia Group, ensuring that the organization's interests are served, risks are appropriately mitigated, and all corporate objectives are met or exceeded.
• Oversee preparation and communication of information regarding proposals, contract status, compliance, modifications, deviations, negotiations, and completion or termination of agreements.
• Negotiate and administer various types of agreements including contracts, MOU's, NDA's, Teaming Agreements, Consortium Agreements etc.
• Prepare, review and approve proposed contracts, formal agreements and other contractual instruments.
• Work effectively with outside counsel and/or other consultants or firms to accomplish objectives.
• Assess support requirements for assigned area to enhance the quality and responsiveness of support and services delivered by the Company to external clients and by you and your staff to our internal clients.
• Serve as an advisor to internal clients on contractual, corporate and compliance issues.
• Work with internal client representatives to set prices, terms and conditions of contractual arrangements.
• Compile and submit administrative and contracts reports on a timely basis to senior management.
• Provide oversight to assigned staff in the negotiation and administration of the Company's customer contracts.
• Willingness to provide suggestions for process/policy improvements to achieve best in class service to our internal and external customers.
• Handle personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, retain, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, on time performance reviews, and compensation discussions).
• Serve as escalation point for issues beyond team authority; resolve team conflicts.
• Collaborate closely with other functions within Europe & Asia Group to become a valued advisor and a member of their Core Leadership Team.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 15 or more years of experience in a contractor operation (both European Commission and Commercial experience preferred) with at least 5 years of management experience in that function (including responsibility for internal budgets).
• Significant experience in the areas of complex contract drafting, interpretation, negotiation, compliance with government regulations (European Commission, UK Government, GDPR, Duty of Care, etc.), proposal preparation and policy development experience.
• Significant experience with European Commission Framework Agreements and knowledge of current regulations and terms/laws associated with such vehicles.
• Current knowledge of applicable commercial contract laws.
• Working knowledge of pricing issues and policies.
• Ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, suppliers and senior management.
• Proficient at negotiation, time management, decision-making, human relations, and organization skills.
• Ability to manage difficult situations which require diplomacy and tact, with professionalism and efficiency.
• Tech savvy with the desire to embrace technology.
• Team management, coaching and mentoring to develop the next generation of leadership across the business.
• Proficient in standard MS Office suite and contracts administration tools.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply online today with your CV or feel free to call Richard Collett to discuss your application in more detail on 0121 272 8260.