Procurement Business Partner (Capital Projects)
Salary: £55000 - £70000 per annum
Job Type: Perm
Job Ref: 123103554
Do you possess a track record of developing complex procurement and contracting strategies? Have you got a background in large infrastructure, construction or major projects? If the answer is yes, apply now!
This is a critical role which will provide you with an opportunity in shaping the team, approach and direction of our client's business. As a Capital Projects procurement business partner, you will lead the commercial delivery of major capital infrastructure (construction) projects to meet the business plan. You will lead and develop a small team of Sourcing managers, ensuring they provide a high calibre and professional commercial service.
A key focus of this role will be identifying strategic solutions and delivery of improved business outcomes by developing and pursuing appropriate commercial strategies in conjunction with key stakeholders. You will negotiate and manage robust capital delivery contracts in full compliance with EU procurement regulations.
• Work with project sponsors and other key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive procurement strategy identifying the key drivers, requirements, assumptions and constraints for the project.
• Identify options in terms of delivery models, commercial architectures, contractual mechanisms and procurement routes to deliver the desired outcomes.
• Prepare and agree with stakeholders an insight-led procurement delivery plan for each project; monitor and report the progress, managing key risks and resolving issues.
• Lead all commercial activities in the procurement of major projects from end-to-end – market engagement, PQQ, tender, negotiation, and award.
• Gaining stakeholder sign off to key tender and contract documentation and approaches including evaluation criteria and negotiation strategies.
Skills and Experience:
We are seeking passionate individuals with extensive experience of delivering procurement events from end-to-end; including strategy, market engagement, tender, negotiation, and award. You will have strong commercial acumen and have previously lead a team.
The ideal candidate with have a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject as well as an understanding of technical engineering aspects and ideally of utilities contract regulations (OJEU).
You will be resilient and tenacious under pressure with an ability to think creatively to solve complex challenges with low levels of definition. Your stakeholder management will be second to none, with demonstrable experience of building trust and driving added value.
It's an exciting and challenging time for our client's Commercial team as a whole and their industry. The projects they will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK.
Join their team and help them to create innovative commercial solutions that deliver real value for stakeholders and customers.
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity please apply with your CV online or call Adam Roughton at Procurement People to discuss further.