Interim Procurement Consultant
Salary: £340 per day
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: KM
Interim Procurement Consultant (Public Sector)
Day rate: up to £340 per day. 3 – 6 months contract
Do you have a wealth of expertise on public sector frameworks? Would you like to deliver best in class procurement advice to schools across the UK?
As an Interim Procurement Consultant, you will be demonstrating best value for money across the education sector, distributing advice to clients and customers based around their indirect spend. You will have a commercial mindset, but with a great understanding of public sector procurement frameworks.
You will be responsible for;
- Providing procurement advice and guidance across the full spectrum of categories to schools and multi-academy trusts
- To manage tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of a portfolio of public sector contracts
- To manage negotiation of contract terms on a range of local, regional and Framework contracts and to monitor performance against these contracts
- To manage key client account activities working closely with the representatives from our clients (schools and trusts) and leading in purchasing activity and account development
- To participate in internal and external meetings, promoting procurement best practice
- To have up to date knowledge of related procurement legislation including EU regulations for public procurement essential
- Attend marketing and procurement related functions to speak to new customers about the benefits of using the consultancy
You will have;
- Specific category expertise in any of the following areas: ICT purchasing and managed service contracts; print management (including photocopiers and MFDs); outsourcing (including catering, cleaning and grounds maintenance); hard and soft facilities management; and construction
- A confident and outgoing personality, and the ability to not only manage contracts and accounts, but to build and develop relationships
- Degree and CIPS qualified is desirable
- Public and private sector experience
- A good understanding of OJEU regulations
In return, you will receive a day rate of up to £340 per day.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, please apply with your CV or speak to Kirsty at Procurement People