Salary: £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268229955
We are currently working with an international organisation who are looking for a Procurement Manager based in Staffordshire.
• This is a key role working closely with Operations, Planning, Project and the customer to secure the most suitable, cost effective method of operation and service provider for each country, region, lane and mode of transport.
• Negotiate with service providers to gain the most competitive rates whilst adhering to specific service requirements of the customer's operation.
• Research alternative freight options and benchmark existing rates to justify current selection and to generate cost saving opportunities.
• Develop the carrier base, by selecting appropriate and compliant carriers, building long term partnership via effective carrier management. Measure carrier performance levels against agreed targets taking appropriate proactive action where necessary.
• Pro-active seek innovative solutions/methodologies of freight procurement supporting the delivery of contractual cost down commitments and delivery of the contract's future solution roadmap.
• Develop, own and deploy the Procurement Strategy for the account (S) under his/her responsibility, keeping up to date with market conditions and ensuring customers and colleagues are aware of them and their implications on to the business.
• Ensure that DHL demonstrates innovation and generates opportunities to reduce the cost base with no adverse affect on service.
• Work closely with GBS Procurement team when running RFQs and transport buying activities, ensuring agreed deliverables are met - including any specific customer requirements, timelines and carriers communications.
• Overall ownership for the contract negotiation with suppliers, ensuring 100% compliance on contracts signed prior to start up and/or in line with customers' contractual agreement.
• Build a strong working relationship with transportation service providers to support the success of the supply chain. Understand their business strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and future opportunities.
• Support the business with the implementation of all aspects of PCM function within new contracts, ensuring smooth hand over to the operational team.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience in multi modal transport operations (Courier, Road, Air & Sea), freight forwarding - DGF /Express / Freight
• Experience in LLP operations in Supply Chain division
• Transport / Procurement / Supplier Management
• At least 5 years Supervisory or Management experience in Freight Forwarding and or a logistics environment experience
• Customer relationship management skills - Senior Account Management experience
• Demonstrable record of service improvement through innovation
• Experience in working on or with different countries is desirable
• Cultural awareness - will be dealing with cross border contract team and providers from all over the world