Operational Buyer North - FM Services
Salary: £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123104044
Operational Buyer – Facilities Management
Circa £40k plus car or car allowance
Regional role with a combination of travel, home working and site support (local office near Stockport)
(COVID Safe working in place while needed)
This is a great opportunity to join a nationally recognised facilities management and service provider in a role that is pivotal in delivering a first class, cost effective service to its customers. The purpose of the role is to provide a sustainable, cost effective procurement and supply chain service to the organisations client accounts. Working with internal customers to obtain products and services from the supply chain, in line with company policy delivering value for money, quality, and reliability.
In this instance the role will see you working on a regional basis supporting the delivery of facilities management services to a number of end customers. You will be working with internal client service provision stakeholders to ensure end customers’ accounts have effective, reliable and well performing supply chain agreements in place across all required goods and services. You would also be expected to support the mobilisation of new accounts from a procurement and supply chain perspective through a combination of existing preferred suppliers and the identification and engagement of new suppliers.
We are seeking applicants able to deliver across supplier relationship management, sourcing and negotiating with new suppliers through structured procurement processes and the management of supply chain performance through regular reviews and where needed improvement plans. You will act as a point of escalation for all supply chain orientated content and issues from internal customers, all aimed at delivering an effective, compliant and value for money based facilities management service.
Duties and responsibilities in the role include but are not limited to:
• Proactively negotiate, manage and build appropriate relationships with key approved suppliers. Identify, select and develop new suppliers to meet future business needs
• Propose, implement and manage proactive cost reduction and supplier improvement programmes within and across regional teams, delivering personal and team targets.
• Provide support to the operational teams with the implementation of new contracts (mobilisations),
• Enhance the value of supply chain to the client
• Participate in cross-functional project teams
• Influence and support the transition and implementation from non-preferred to preferred suppliers where possible, via procurement tender process
• Carry out preferred and approved supplier operational reviews and complete corrective actions
• First point of escalation for supplier issues
• Manage internal customer relationships, providing a flexible responsive customer service for all internal customer specific requests/needs
• Assist in the development and management of suppliers to support business needs
• Minimise contractual risk by the use of appropriate contract terms and conditions.
• Integration of ISO20400 Sustainable Procurement, identifying opportunities to drive innovation, and improve sustainability
You will ideally hold CIPS qualifications and must have previous experience in a buying / supply management role to include sourcing and supplier relationship / performance management. Experience or knowledge of facilities management services would be a distinct advantage such as cleaning, catering, guarding and maintenance services.
A willingness to travel and adapt to support customer needs is essential.
In return we offer a competitive salary of up to £40k plus benefits and also the support and development you would expect from a national market leading organisation.
To apply or for more information please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Philip Bloomer at Procurement People Ltd, part of the Executive Network Group.