Category Manager - Healthcare
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Location: Burton upon Trent
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123104030
Procurement Category Manager – Healthcare / Medical
Burton Upon Trent
£40k to £45k (more considered for exceptional applicants)
Complete remote working initially, long term at least 2 days per week in Burton Upon Trent plus supplier site visits.
The business is a thriving private sector organisation delivering outsourced procurement, contract management, supply chain and analytical services to healthcare sector organisations in both the private and public sector. The company delivers the sustainable supply of sector needs with associated cost savings across a number of key category areas from sundries through to capital equipment through the development of neutral vendor platforms and bespoke project delivery. The organisation is growing and with this set to continue we are now looking to add to the procurement team at a time where future career development and personal growth is yours to achieve.
As a procurement Category Manager you will deliver a combination of sourcing projects and contract management activities across a number of categories rather than one single category. Working with key customer, internal and supplier stakeholders you will deliver effective supply solutions and vendor platforms aligned to customer needs while ensuring value and cost saving targets are achieved. This will be supported by structured contract management activities and supplier relationship management to ensure quality and delivery through the vendor network and to ensure contractual savings benefit is achieved and contractual agreement adherence. The position will include a lot of project working, experience of the delivery of multiple sourcing and contract management projects would be an advantage.
To be successful in this role you will have experience of the application of structured procurement processes supported by excellent negotiation skills ideally within the NHS, for the NHS or potentially private sector healthcare organisations. You will be able to deliver analytical activities in your work across spend, data and vendor performance. In addition you will be a natural with regard to relationship development at all stakeholder levels with an ability to influence others to achieve targets and project objectives.
Key accountabilities in the role include but are not limited to:
• Undertake strategic sourcing activities in line with business practice ensuring that these are undertaken with due regard to business policy and legal requirements.
• Manage all stakeholders in terms of meetings and communications to ensure a high level of commitment is secured during the sourcing process.
• Deliver category supply strategies that are aimed at delivering key business objectives while satisfying the operational needs of stakeholders.
• Deliver contractual relationships on behalf of stakeholders that meet business objectives and operational requirements.
• Proactively manage the supply base to ensure that appropriate relationships and contractual relationships are in place at all times.
• Undertake supply market research to ensure that the required participants and products/ services are continually in scope.
• Undertake financial analysis to ensure that best value is achieved at all times.
• Proactively manage the post-contractual environment to ensure that all terms and conditions are being applied and related benefits secured.
• Meet business contractual, savings and participation objectives are met on a continual basis. Where these are not being met, provide and deliver a plan to meet said objectives.
• To manage risks and conflicts to derive benefits for both public and private customers
• Execute the category specific workplan.
• Deliver the procurement Strategy across the sourcing activity to deliver the target benefits and financial savings including approving each category managers purchase category strategy and savings plans
• Engage support and agreement for the strategy from key stakeholders so that implementation and compliance are optimal; promote the effective management of suppliers to sustain value throughout the life of the contract.
• Provide advice, guidance and service on categories to stakeholders.
• Define and manage key supplier relationships to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality, including technical input to negotiations on strategically significant contracts and negotiation and management of third party service providers.
• Support the development of annual departmental cost savings targets for the annual budget process; develop and agree the annual procurement plan with directors and departmental heads.
• Utilise the existing savings reporting mechanism with finance which is understood and accepted by the user departments. Produce regular reports on performance and provide comprehensive management information and in-depth analysis when requested including spend analysis, savings secured and potential savings for forecast and budgets.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Prior proven experience delivering procurement sourcing and contract management ideally for the NHS.
• A relevant degree
• MCIPS or some CIPS based training (desirable)
The position is available immediately for the right candidate with all interviews being undertaken via COVID safe processes (zoom, Teams etc). For more information or to apply now please do submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People by clicking the apply now button.