Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103990
Procurement Officer / Lead Buyer
Birmingham, West Midlands
Circa £45k DOE
The business, part of a larger group and leaders in their market are looking to appoint a standalone Lead Buyer to specifically delivery strategic projects designed to deliver this years cost saving targets, operational efficiencies and to pull greater value where possible from the supply chain. The company operates branches across the UK with the model being the rental of specialist equipment supported by technical, installation and maintenance services both in house and via supplier agreements.
In this role you will work Directly alongside the company Purchasing Director based at a company site based in Solihull. In the role, although it may be required from time to time you will not be doing day to day operational purchasing. You will be using data and stakeholder provided information to develop a plan and identify opportunities to apply your procurement skill set across the supply chain. You will be engaging in each area of commodity spend (not indirect services) to deliver improvement in cost, service, quality and on time delivery. This will be achieved by running tender or competition processes, negotiating with existing and potential new vendors and awarding contracts ensuring the best possible outcomes for all concerned.
This will be supported by supplier relationship and performance management post contract award however the core area of focus will be the sourcing of vendors and negotiating terms, conditions and pricing giving consideration to the potential for send based discounts and rebates and the offering of innovation from commodity suppliers.
Activities will include:
• Analysing data to identify all spend and identifying projects, forming plans from the information you hold.
• Stakeholder relationship building and management internal and external.
• Running tender processes where required, negotiating and contract award (Sourcing)
• Supplier relationship and performance management
• Supporting the implementation or mobilisation of new vendors post contract award.
The person we are we looking for
To be successful in the role you will need to have proven experience of delivering tender processes independently from identification through ITT, RFI, RFQ, negotiation and contract award. This is a standalone role with no direct reports so on this occasion we are looking for a good procurement skill set and a proven track record of delivering on cost saving targets.
The nature of spend is in direct commodities, OEM equipment or machinery. For this reason applicants will ideally have experience in direct commodity areas of spend.
Formal procurement qualifications would be a distinct advantage (CIPS).
• A great opportunity to make a name for yourself working directly with the Purchasing Director and the group MD getting sight of your work.
• Group business with potential future opportunities for moving into group based projects.
• A varied procurement role giving great exposure to multiple commodities.
• An independent role giving you the autonomy to identify projects and opportunities and then deliver processes to realise the opportunities you have identified.
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer at Procurement people, part of the Executive Network Group.