Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103918
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer to join a Nationwide infrastructure specialist organisation. The role will give you the chance to grow and develop your skills and knowledge and be part of a fast paced and dedicated team and working on high profile projects. Occasional domestic travel may be required.
The Role and responsibilities:
This role is within a fast paced team where your main focus will be to procure materials/services for construction sites across the UK and offer purchasing support to the rest of the team.
• Procure goods and materials in line with specifications and budget
• Support the rest of the team with the procurement of materials and services
• Support the companies purchasing strategy
• Provide guidance and assist in training junior team members
• Maintain regular and professional communication with suppliers, both new and existing
• Liaise with wider procurement team and client sites on deliveries and act as the point of contact for any issues occurred and provide solutions.
• Prepare and place/raise purchase orders ensuring best cost, quality and delivery obtained.
• Purchase Order and invoices reconciliation
• Process and governance of requisitions
• Previous experience of Procurement within the Construction sector
• Excellent communication skills with strong written, presentation and influencing skills
• Team player
• Organised and great attention to detail
• Strong IT skills; Excel knowledge
• CIPS trained/ qualified is desirable
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has 1-2 years’ experience in a purchasing environment that is looking for a change by working alongside a company who provide endless possibilities for personal development and growth.
If you feel you fit the above criteria please apply today, alternatively for more information on this role, please contact Ana Badescu at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260 quoting ref 123103918!