Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103874
Category Manager – Public Sector
Competitive Salary + Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning public service provider organisation based within Cambridgeshire County for an individual who thrives within a busy environment and is not afraid of a challenge. You will be part of an outsourced procurement team and will play a big part in the transformation of their clients and make a significant contribution towards their vision as a business.
• Responsible for the development and leading sourcing strategies.
• Responsible for ensuring commercial negotiations are carried out in line with Category Strategies.
• Work collaboratively with current suppliers and source new suppliers
• Work on multiple projects with a diverse portfolio of spend.
• Accountable for the development of category strategies and for ensuring the consequent execution of strategic sourcing activities through Buyers.
• Accountable for quality performance of assigned categories.
• Identify new opportunities which will add value and quality back into the business.
• MCIPS or studying towards MCIPS.
• Category Management ( broad experience across various categories is desirable).
• Knowledges and experience of Public Contract Regulations (Public sector procurement) and Contract Management.
• Highly analytical- ability to analyse complex financial data .
• Operates Supplier Relationship Management at executive level.
• Lean / Process Improvement experience.
• Able to manage numerous sourcing projects to tight timescales.
• Ability to negotiate with suppliers and build relationship both with internal and external stakeholders.
• Understands and operates Supplier Relationship Management.
• A creative and innovative individual (think outside the box).
• Well-developed project management skills.
If this role sounds of interest, please apply with your CV today or get in touch with Ana on 0121 272 8260 at Procurement People! Referrals are welcomed!