Salary: £33000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103848
Commodity Buyer – Fastener Systems & components
£33k to £35k plus bonus
This is a global business supplying fastener systems, some plastic mouldings, rubbers and seals to engineering and manufacturing businesses in multiple sectors with an annual turnover in excess of half a billion pounds. We are looking for a Commodity Buyer to join the Birmingham office as part of the European SCM and Purchasing team, reporting to the European Souring Manager.
This is a Commodity Buyer role forming part of a wider SCM and Procurement team and will see you developing relationships with new sources of supply while managing existing vendor relationships in line with the commodity strategy.
Daily duties and activities will include but not limited to:
• Managing supplier relationships in souring activities with a focus on margin improvement through cost reduction and inflation mitigation.
• Working with the European Souring Manager to identify and execute competitive market solutions to enable new business development.
• Supplier compliance management and constructing supplier frameworks giving consideration to price models, contracts, productivity/rebates and working agreements and supplier consolidation.
• Tactical duties to include supplier issue resolution, audit assessments and supplier maintenance.
• To supporting quoting activities for new business through structured pricing models and identifying souring solutions to meet customer needs.
We are looking for a lead buyer with a sound understanding of Supply Chain Management practices who is able too understand and support the European Commodity and wider business strategies. You will be a proactive member of the procurement team actively benchmarking, leveraging relationships and actively negotiating to deliver target margins and cost savings.
Analytical skills will be a distinct advantage. We will be looking for you to work within TCO frameworks (Total Cost of Ownership). For you to identify commercial opportunities to achieve sustainable cost reductions from the supply base while mitigating cost increases.
Knowledge of SCM principles/systems, TCO, import/export, cost of capital, EOQ, DRP, DOH, lead time to inventory, demand variability to premiums and similar will be a distinct advantage.
A degree in a relevant subject AND/OR formal CIPS training would also be desirable however practical experience will be more important in this role.
For more information or to apply now please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Jack Hawker of Procurement People.