Senior Purchasing Manager - Equipment & Decor
Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103841
Senior Purchasing Manager
Overall package to £80k
Retail (not for sale categories)
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Purchasing Manager to deliver a European strategy for this well known retail business. The function we are recruiting for is a very well structured, large Procurement and Supply Chain Management function working on a category basis. In this role we will be looking for you to manage a small team of Purchasing Managers in the delivery of the procurement strategy across not for sale content to include fixtures, fittings, décor, equipment and similar. This is a key hire for the business and for the deliver of the 2019/2020 strategy and beyond with the wider function delivering overall savings in excess of £50m annually.
In this role you will be working with a large number of stakeholders across the business with the purpose of delivery to be best fit for all so solid influencing and negotiation skills are a must.
The main purpose and content of the role include:
• The management, development and guidance of a small team of purchasing managers to deliver against category targets.
• The development of the company supply chain within your category to include contract management and ongoing negotiation based upon the needs of the business.
• Identifying new suppliers, assessing, negotiating and agreeing commercial contracts across a global supply chain.
• Clearly communicating commercial agreements and processes to all stakeholders and end users.
• Continual communication with all end users and stakeholders to assess the quality and delivery from the selected supply chain partners.
• The development and management of a TCO model within your category used for stakeholder communications and to support future decision making.
• The delivery of category plans on all content within your category.
You will be measured in the role based upon team performance, contribution to saving targets and the achievement of personal objectives agreed with you manager.
We are offering a very competitive salary, benefits package and a very grown up professional working environment. Some travel will be required in the role both UK and Europe mostly across the supply chain, a company vehicle allowance is included in the package offered. We also offer a very structured and effective development programme and an environment that will present future opportunity for progression and learning.
For an initial informal conversation please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Philip Bloomer of Procurement People.