Head of Procurement and Contracts Manager
Salary: £50000 - £58000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103827
Head of Procurement & Contracts Manager
Circa £58,000 pa
This is a brilliant opportunity to join an inspirational, not for profit organisation within the Social Housing sector, to help run their procurement function.
The role is pivotal to organisation's continued growth and success, and the post-holder will be responsible for driving forward the development and delivery of the procurement strategies, as well as procurement & contract management policies / procedures, ensuring best value, quality, compliance and cost at all times.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU MUST PRIOR PROCUREMENT EXPERIENCE MATCHED WITH EXPOSURE TO A RELEVANT INDUSTRY i.e. HOUSING, PROPERTY, DEVELOPMENT etc. – if you do not demonstrate this on your CV, your application will not be suitable.
• Support the development of supply chain and S&OP processes, to drive efficiency gains and overall secure value for money benefits
• Responsibilities for both direct & indirect spend within various categories/services
• Lead in the implementation of strategic procedural, contract management and policies, to increase productivity and performance
• Negotiation with internal and external stakeholders.
• Providing assistance/ support where required to key managers, to achieve optimum tendering and procurement outcomes
• Introduce appropriate supplier management tools across the supply base to ensure continuity of supply
• Effective management of contracts and maintenance of the Contracts Register
• Ensure compliance in relation to all legislative, regulatory and policy requirements for procurement and tendering exercises
• Forming excellent working relationships with key stakeholders and service providers
Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of current EU procurement law and compliance
• Previous experience of developing and delivering procurement strategies, ensuring of best practise is adhered
• Experience in Social Housing would be highly desirable due to the understanding of how the business operates (or other, similar industries)
• Knowledge about building contracts
• Able to deliver and develop E-procurement systems
• Must be IT literate i.e. interpret & analyse data
• Commercial mindset – the successful candidate will need to be focused on maintaining/developing the organisation's performance
If you feel you fit the above criteria please apply today, alternatively for more information on this role, please contact Ana Badescu at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260, quoting reference number: 123103827