Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103822
Senior Buyer – Construction
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience)
Are you an experienced Buyer who both thrives in a busy environment and has extensive experience working within the Construction industry? If so, the below opportunity may be of interest …
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer to join a leading construction company, where the post-holder will support the business with all procurement activities aligned to a new contract, both operationally & strategically.
IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY YOU MUST HAVE BOTH PROCUREMENT AND CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE – if you do not demonstrate this on your CV, your application will not be suitable.
Responsibilities will include:
• Involvement in the selection of products and material, obtaining quotations for products and materials and negotiating fees and terms with suppliers pre-contract and post contract.
• Writing and maintain approved subcontract documents as well as preparing and issuing supplier contracts.
• Development of supply chain for both material & subcontract packages and continuous assessment and management of the supply chain to pre-agreed KPI’s .
• Involvement in designing and implementing strategies to add value and keep cost down.
• Process through requisitions on a timely and effective manner, maintenance of purchasing database, and the filing structures and tracking documents systems in place.
• Leading regular meetings and reviews
• Provide guidance and training to team in terms of process
• Purchasing of materials within catalogue and ‘non -catalogue’ .
• Comparison and analysing tender returns and making recommendations on awarding work.
• Contribute to, interrogate and develop commercial approach into working practices and deliver successful outcome.
• Identify risk and set in place strategy for management and minimisation of risks at task level.
• Composing tender lists and action all tendering requirements from feasibility through to implementation.
The ideal Candidate will have / be:
• Previous experience within a procurement environment within Construction
• Educated to at least HNC/D Level in a construction discipline.
• Strong commercial acumen and professional involvement within construction industry
• Previous experience of working for a main contractor.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines to ensure business continuity
• Excellent communication skills with strong written and presentation skills
• Excellent IT skills – proficient in Oracle
• Committed and pro-active with devotion to quality.
• Team player and coordinator.
• Previous experience in training and managing a team
This is an exciting opportunity by working alongside a company who provide endless possibilities for personal development and growth.
If you feel you fit the above criteria please apply today, alternatively for more information on this role, please contact Ana Badescu at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260.