Lead Buyer - Electrical & Electronics
Salary: £38000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103812
Lead Buyer – Electrical / Electronic Category
Up to £45,000 per annum
* *Please note that in order to apply for this role you will need to eligible for Secret Level UK Security Clearance.**
Would you like to join a fast paced, multi-national and energetic procurement team?
Do you have a passion for the defence industry and have a strong background in high volume electronic buying?
As the Lead Buyer, you will be responsible for procuring and managing supply chain for electrical / electronic technologies e.g. Test Equipment, Interconnects, Electronic Components. You will be helping to implement the new procurement strategy for this growing organisation.
You will be;
• Pro-actively providing ideas and solutions for continual growth and transformation.
• Leading negotiations with suppliers to optimise cost, delivery and quality of products.
• Working with multifunctional and international teams, to support negotiations and projects for electronic categories.
• Managing suppliers and building up longer-term supplier management expectations.
• Contributing to managing supplier performance
• Building strong relationships with Internal customers in order to effectively serve their needs
• Providing and sometimes presenting briefs and reports for Senior Management reviews including potential issues/risks.
• Identifying & securing savings opportunities Raising & negotiating contract documents.
• Raising, maintaining and managing Request for Quotations, Purchase Orders and outstanding order books in an effective and timely manner.
What are we looking for?
• Significant practical experience, vocational or academic qualifications.
• Strong ability to read and interpret drawing data packs (essential).
• Experience in Electrical / Electronic technologies
• Competence in understanding of technical queries with the ability to liaise between suppliers and customers.
• Good understanding of cost make up.
• Strong team skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Good influencing skills.
• A proactive & flexible approach to plan and meet demanding deadlines
In return, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £45,000 per annum as well as on-the-job training and mentoring in addition to CIPS training support for promising individuals. International travel will also be included as part of the multi-national nature of the team.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, don't miss out! For more information on this role, please contact Phil Bloomer at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260