Lead Buyer – Indirect
Salary: £38000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103806
Lead Buyer – Indirect – Travel and Communications
Up to £45k DOE
The business is a major manufacturer operating globally and boasting revenue of over £3b. A new opportunity is now available within the UK Indirect team who take responsibility for all indirect spend across Facilities Management, HR Services, Learning & Development, Contract Labour, Group Travel, Engineering Offload and Outsourcing and all General Procurement.
As Lead Buyer you will be:
• responsible for managing the procurement activities for Travel and Communications for the UK and to working closely to compliment Group level strategies.
• Supervising one Principal Buyer within the UK General Procurement team.
• Proactively reviewing future needs with our internal customers and leading the procurement/sourcing process through marketplace competitions where appropriate. You will also lead the supplier negotiations on behalf of the organisation and brief and present recommended contracting solutions to senior stakeholders.
• Maintain the strategic outlook over a 5 year period and ensure continuation of services is maintained while still achieving best value for money for the business. This will involve managing a number of strategic relationships with our suppliers and internal stakeholders as well as industry partners.
• You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest developments/improvements in the marketplace and research and recommend improved models within the categories
• Attend regular supplier review meetings to ensure they are delivering to contract SLAs.
• Regular travel within the UK & Europe will be required, to work closely with our international procurement colleagues and the UK stakeholders and suppliers.
What are we looking for?
• Competent and experienced in Procurement, with a proven track record in delivering cost savings and service enhancements through established procurement best practice and management of the tender process;
• Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations and effectively influence senior stakeholders and suppliers;
• Competent contract negotiator with ability to draft contract agreements and approve terms and conditions;
• A natural leader and communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in working with multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales;
• Strong interpersonal skills, a forward thinking approach and an appreciation of cross cultural working
The business offers fantastic working facilities, restaurant, gym, flexible working, ongoing development and training and an opportunity to work with one of the most technologically advanced manufacturers in the UK.
Due to the security surrounding company products the business will require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
To apply of for more information please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People.