Group Category Manager
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103804
Group Category Manager – Networks, Communications and Security
Up to £60k
The Business, a true global leader in the Defence sector, number 1 in Europe and boasting revenue of over £3b and employing over 10,000 people. We are looking to appoint a Group Category Manager within the Networks, Communications and Security category due to growth and to support the essential work delivered by a global Procurement and Supply Chain function responsible for procuring and managing the supply chain for direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. The total spend is approximately €500M per year across a European supply chain.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Category Management professional to join the IT procurement team. Working in an international context, the successful candidate will bring their experience and knowledge to ensure effective category management across the Network, Telecoms and (IT) Security perimeter. The team works across the MBDA group in a changing environment, managing and implementing both mature services and new services and technologies.
You will manage an international, multifunctional team in the sourcing and management of suppliers within the Network, Telecoms and (IT) Security (NTS) perimeter, undertaking contract management and competitions to ensure the procurement of contracts at the best possible price, delivery and quality with the purpose of optimising operational service and contributing to company savings targets.
Key success factors:
• Working as a business partner with our IT colleagues to improve business outcomes
• Creating and implementing supplier relationships to deliver new technologies and services to the business
• Intelligently developing and deploying a range of sourcing strategies in cooperation with internal stakeholders
• Aggregating and coordinating requirements across the group (and, where appropriate, with company shareholders) to ensure that we are able to optimise the business position
• To demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge within the category in focus being IT Networks, Communications and IT security
What's in it for you?
The role provides an excellent opportunity to:
• Join a growing company, working in a challenging environment;
• Influence the evolution of the company's IT environment; and develop new models for the implementing (or discarding) of new solutions
• The position will involve working and travelling internationally with fellow procurement professionals, with internal stakeholders (internal customers, procurement colleagues, legal advisors) and with key suppliers
• Well resourced training and development programmes
What's great about the team?
• The IT procurement team is an excellent mixture of experienced and developing professionals located in UK, France and Italy
• The team is knowledgeable and enthusiastic, placing great value on sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas;
• The team covers a broad range of topics, with a wide range of contracts ranging from short turnaround low value to strategically important service contacts.
• The team works with a wide range of stakeholders, based both in the UK and in the rest of the group, including the small UK legal team.
• The team successfully delivers the service levels and the cost optimisation required by the business within a supportive environment where team spirit is highly valued
What are we looking for?
Ideally a degree calibre procurement professional with experience of working in an international environment
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated their ability to create effective teams (in a culturally sensative environment) supported by excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
A proven ability to:
• Influence multi-functionally, multi-nationally and at all levels within the organisation
• Implement technology and service changes when working with internal stakeholders
• Identify and implement negotiation strategies through a multi-function team
• Good understanding of IT goods / services and the evolution of the category
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities (restaurant, gym), bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note: We require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).