Category Manager - Machining
Salary: £48000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103794
Category Manager – Machining
£48,000 - £55,000 + benefits
* Please note, as this client is within the defence sector a full SC clearance is required. British Nationals and Dual Nationalities considered.
Would you like to join an organisation which has a large commercial function?
An opportunity has arisen for Category Manager to join developing and changing procurement team. You will be bringing your strategic mindset to a high volume function and becoming a huge asset to the mechanical function of the organisation.
What will you be doing?
• Supporting the development & implementation of Machining Category strategies, pro-actively providing accountability along with ideas and solutions.
• Leading negotiations with suppliers to optimise cost, delivery and quality of products.
• Taking active participation, in multifunctional and international teams, to support definition and negotiation strategies for specific categories and/or projects. Leading national multi-functional teams as required.
• Managing suppliers and, where necessary, building up longer-term supplier management expectations.
• Contributing to managing supplier performance in support of the Supply Chain Managers Operational targets.
• Building strong relationships with Internal customers in order to effectively serve their needs, often with shorter than expected timescales.
• Actively supporting functional excellence programmes, identifying and developing areas for improvement where new processes may be required.
• Providing and sometimes presenting briefs and reports for Senior Management reviews including potential issues/risks.
• Identifying & securing savings opportunities.
• Raising & negotiating contract documents.
• Raising, maintaining and managing Request for Quotations, Purchase Orders and outstanding order books in an effective and timely manner
What are we looking for?
• Degree/HND or similar with significant experience working in defence/Aerospace/Automotive industries,
• Category Management Knowledge & experience.
• Strong understanding of the business and technical requirements related to Machining industry.
• Knowledge of Mechanical technologies e.g. Standard & Precision Machining (Preferred) Other technology experience is useful; (Areas: Fabrication, Forgings, Ball Screws, Bearings, Optics, Composites, ALM and Standard Components etc.)
• Effective understanding of technical queries with the ability to liaise between suppliers and customers.
• Good understanding of cost make up and industry drivers.
• Strong team and facilitation skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Excellent influencing skills.
• A proactive & flexible approach to plan and meet demanding deadlines.
If you are a collaborative and love a challenge in your career, this could be the ideal next step for you. In return you will receive a salary of £48,000 - £55,000 + additional benefits including flexible working and overtime. If this position sounds of interest, please apply with your CV today.