Mechanical Commodity Manager
Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103791
Are you an experienced mechanically minded commodity professional? This one is for you, this leading Aerospace and Defence manufacturing business is seeking to appoint a Supply Chain/Commodity Manager to join a newly developed UK Mechanical Procurement team delivering on a spend of up to £500m annually.
The primary function within the role is to achieve a high performing sustainable supply chain through developing a capable supply base to ensure on time, on cost and on quality in all procured mechanical commodity groups.
Key requirements within the role will include:
• A high level of capability in risk management through a supplier base, assessing, mitigating and monitoring supplier risks.
• An ability to evaluate both new and existing suppliers in line with business needs.
• An ability to support supplier capabilities to ensure continued alignment to company needs both for now and the future.
To be effective in the role you will have a thorough understanding of relevant manufacturing processes, technologies and mechanical quality assurance, in this case particularly in fabrication, forgings, machining, general mechanical components and some composites and optics. You must be able to support the assessment of suppliers and supplied commodities and so strong capabilities in quality assurance tools would be very desirable such as 8D, 5Y, FMEA, PFMEA and similar. If you have capabilities in LEAN principles, Six Sigma (any belt) and a solid understanding of ISO this would also be particularly appealing.
Other duties and requirements in the role include:
• Experience of supplier performance management in the Aerospace or Defence Industry or similar environments with specific focus on supplier industrial performance.
• Knowledge of risk management, identification, analysis, forecast and action planning.
• Effective evaluation of suppliers business, technical, manufacturing, and design readiness
• Expertise in relationship management tools and techniques.
• Expertise in Business Excellence and Manufacturing Excellence tools and techniques.
• Understanding of Industrial Validation.
• Professional accreditation and or degree level education an advantage.
• Engineering experience/ vocational qualifications an advantage.
• Strong team skills.
• Strong communication skills.
• A proactive & flexible approach to plan and meet demanding deadlines.
• Team player with cultural sensitivity.
• Able to work within a demanding and changing environment.
• IT skills in terms of data analysis, manipulation and presentations.
• Fluent in the English language.
• Additional language skills would be an advantage (French, Italian).
What would you get?
• Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
If you would like to know more please do just click the apply now button or call Phil Bloomer on 0121 2728260.