Salary: £35229 - £38052 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103773
FTA 12 Months
Avonmouth & Portishead (multi-site)
Up to £38,000
Are you a public sector procurement professional looking for the next step in your career?
We have a temporary vacancy for an experienced Procurement Officer. You will be providing support and joining the Fleet & Technical Services Department. You will have overall responsibility for negotiating, managing and monitoring associated contracts. If you are able to work across different sites in Bristol and are familiar with public sector procurement regulations, this role may be the one for you.
You will be responsible for
• Providing support and detailed specialist advice on all aspects of the procurement process
• Managing contracts with suppliers, some of which are of a high value and complexity
• You will lead on and co-ordinate OJEU tenders
• You will be working on complex and diverse procurement projects and ensuring the effective delivery
• You will analyse data and contracts to ensure accuracy
• You will be responsible for all procurement activities of the Fleet category which is worth £3m
• Providing the full end to end procurement process
You will have
• A sound knowledge and experience of complex procurement practices and procedures ideally gained in an equivalent or larger size organisation, including the ability to interpret contract law and Public Contract Regulations 2015
• Familiar with and practical experience of undertaking OJEU procurements
• Commercial awareness and knowledge of factors affecting the supply market
• Experienced in business case preparation, contract drafting, evaluation and analysis and project management
• Ability to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels, and to negotiate successfully with contractors, suppliers, budget holders, and potential procurement partners
• Proven organisational skills with the ability to work well under pressure
• Able to prioritise, work to deadlines and manage time/workloads effectively without supervision
• Must be committed to, and able to apply, a customer care work ethic
• Must be IT literate and a knowledge of computerised purchasing
• MCIPS qualified or job related degree is desirable.
Please note this role does involve travel across to multiple sites across Avon.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, don't miss out! For more information on this role, please contact Kirsty at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260.