Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103766
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 plus benefits
Do you have 5 – 10 years procurement experience and looking for that step up within an organisation which will give you full autonomy to successful run the procurement function?
Can you work on your own initiative to undertake the project of restructuring the procurement function and supporting the organisation?
If you have answered yes to any of the above question, I would love to speak with you
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Housing Association based in Cardiff. This organisation has a lot of heart and are very passionate about doing right by their community. You growing organisation with the chance to develop a long, rewarding career. Our client invests heavily in their people via training and development, offering fantastic career progression potential.
As the new Procurement Manager:
You will be responsible for sourcing and purchasing, ensuring that value for money is provided through a number of activities such as cross functional development of sourcing strategies, procurement of sourcing events and robust post contract management.
You'll be given the opportunity to use your experience to work cross functionally to develop, enhance, and embed category procurement strategies. You will also be required to perform a full range of procurement and contracting activities including pre-qualification, tender management, negotiation, and preparation of contracts.
You will have experience of managing a range of suppliers developing positive relationships aligned to business objectives. In addition to this you will be able to identify cost reduction and efficiency opportunities.
Skills and Experience:
• A varied and successful procurement background and experience of negotiating, developing and implementing procurement strategies
• The ability to communicate strategies and concepts simply and effectively to persuade and influence stakeholders
• Proven contract and supplier management experience, sound commercial aptitude and good knowledge of supply markets
• Knowledge of appropriate EU Directives and pre and post contract management techniques (preferable)
• MCIPS or equivalent standard certification (preferable)
• Well-organised, driven, customer-focused and determined to continually strive for improvement
• Personable, resilient and charismatic and comfortable leading, motivating and engaging staff and communicating with people at all levels of a business
• Adept at evaluating complex factors, and make decisions that give win/win outcomes
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com or call me on 0121 272 8260