Salary: £33000 - £39000 per annum
Location: Milton Keynes
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103765
Procurement People is currently supporting an education institute to recruitment a Part time Buyer.
Based in Milton Keynes, They are seeking a procurement professional who can support their procurement department for 12 months up to December 2019.
Have you worked in either private or public sector but you have experience of using OJEU?
Are you happy to work part time hour and commit to a full year's contract?
This role is subject to immediate interview and start!
As a Buyer, you will be responsible for the following:
• Work with key stakeholders to develop sourcing strategies providing advice and guidance on potential procurement routes and evaluation approaches, having considered all key commercial and regulatory risks.
• Manage tendering activity in accordance with internal and external policies and regulations. Working in collaboration with key stakeholders, develop appropriate tender documentation ensuring sourcing projects are delivered efficiently and effectively. Provide advice on tender evaluation bidder engagement.
• To manage post tender negotiations, taking legal advice where required, with suppliers securing the best possible terms and conditions.
• Regularly prepare post tender reports, management information reports and savings reports.
• On a regular basis review and manage purchase requisitions allocated for action to ensure they are processed in line with University policy and procedures. Liaise with the requisitioner, Deputy Procurement Manager and suppliers where required to ensure the correct contractual documents are developed with the purchase order.
• Proactively assess and resolve procurement queries and issues related to projects or specific requisitions as required.
• Proactively build and maintain networks and working relationships with stakeholders across the University at multiple levels through the use of appropriate verbal and written communications (e.g. meetings, phone, email, reports).
• Undertake specific tasks and projects at the request of the Procurement Manager and Deputy Procurement Manager
• Must have OJEU experience
• Must come from a public sector background
To be considered for this role, please call Cassandra Greaves at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260