Assistant Procurement manager
Salary: £39000 - £39347 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103762
Procurement People are currently recruiting on behalf of a well-established Housing Association based in Worcester to source an Assistant Procurement Manager – 12months contract
Are you are looking for a new challenge or to take the next step in your career?
Are you happy to commit to a 12months contract and see the project through to the end?
This role will be pivotal in the support for the selection and management of a robust supply chain and the purchasing of goods and servicing covering repairs and maintenance
You will be assisting the team with post contract management, supplier relationship management and will have a customer focused approach. We are looking for individuals that are enthusiastic and want to be part of the Housing Association transformation on the repairs and maintenance front.
The Successful Assistant Procurement Manager will be:
• Highly strategic: You will be asked to work multiple projects at multiple speeds, and it'll be your job to prioritise and figure out where and how to focus your limited time and energy.
• Effective influencer: Your job will undeniably be challenging, and you will need to be able to influence suppliers and senior stake holders to produce positive outcomes for all parties.
• Strong negotiator: You will be supporting negotiations with suppliers; it's imperative that you're effective at securing key suppliers that are motivated and add value to the organisation.
• Data-informed: You will be responsible for planning and analysing the best suppliers on the market that meet the business's needs, and will need to be able to bring data powered arguments for supplier selection and risk mitigation to your stakeholders.
• Risk Focused: you have the investigative flare, attention and detail of Sherlock Holmes you are meticulous and seek out the fine print other's fail to notice. You identify and manage the risk and costs, and inform the business owners of all associated risks with current and new contracts.
• Team oriented: You will need to work with procurement managers, senior procurement managers, finance, key stakeholders as well as a variety of individuals within the business that won't necessary be part of the team you will support.
What the company can offer:
This is a great opportunity to join a large but successful organisation that are well respected in their field. You will be rewarded with a basic salary of up to £39,000 and competitive benefits package.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity. Please feel free to call Cassandra Greaves on – 0121 272 8260 – to discuss your application in more detail or email; firstname.lastname@example.org