Head of Procurement
Salary: £60000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103761
Head of Procurement
Up to £60,000 + Bonus
Are you a strong manager of suppliers?
Do you have cross category purchasing experience, particularly in chemicals, machinery or mechanical components?
A great opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Expert to join a manufacturing organisation as their new Head of Procurement. This is position is pivotal to the companies continued growth and success. This role is responsible for driving forward the new strategy for the procurement function of the business to aid with its development.
You will be responsible for:
• Delivering UK business cost savings across all categories of spend
• Primary focus on materials, machine refurbishment/repair, transport, branches and capex spend.
• Delivering year on year cost reduction through renegotiation of supply contracts.
• Monthly reporting of costs and results of cost control initiatives.
• Managing suppliers for the business more effectively
• Bringing your technical expertise to the table to manage a team of 4 buyers
• Finding opportunities to save money for the business through category analysis and excellent supplier relationship management
• Monitor supplier performance, using innovative techniques to provide excellent KPI's
You will have:
• Proven track record in B2B procurement for at least one large company
• Proven track record in control of costs and supplier management
• Experience in chemicals and solvents industry desirable
• Ability to see the big picture but also be in the detail of the company's spend
• Strong negotiating skills
• Strong numeracy
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong people management experience
• An industrial/mechanical/engineering background would be desirable
As the Head of Procurement, you will manage the procurement for our UK business and have a team based in the North West site reporting to you. You will manage the North West team day so traveling to this site is essential. This role is to manage results and deliverables, and to manage suppliers across the business effectively.
In return, you will receive a salary of up to £60,000 with a bonus scheme in place based on company and personal performance.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply today, or contact Kirsty at Procurement People.