Group Head of Procurement
Salary: £80000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103760
Group Head of Procurement
Up to £80,000 + Bonus + Car
Are you a hard negotiator who is looking to make an impact on an organisation?
If so, Procurement People are looking for a strong procurement professional who is willing to roll their sleeves up to get the job done. As the Group Head of Procurement, you will deal with suppliers at a group level and work on rationalising and consolidating the supply of chemicals and solvents and at the same time drive down costs.
You will be responsible for:
• Personally deliver Group cost saving projects across subsidiary countries
• Control and delivery of Group/country level spend on materials, machine refurbishment/repair, transport, branches, capex.
• Delivering year on year cost reduction through renegotiation of supply contracts.
• Active management of the Group's cross-border suppliers including, where appropriate, consolidation or multi-sourcing, ensuring value for money and supplier performance is delivered.
• Liaising with subsidiary company procurement managers on planning and delivery of local country initiatives and cost control.
• Management of machine capex approvals, ordering and delivery.
• Coordination of machine refurbishment and machine availability across the group.
• Monthly reporting of costs and results of cost control initiatives.
You will have:
• Proven track record in B2B procurement for at least one large company
• Proven track record in control of costs and supplier management
• Experience in chemicals and solvents industry desirable
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders, particularly in relation to cross-border spend
• Ability to see the big picture but also be in the detail of the company's spend
• Strong negotiating skills
• Strong numeracy
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A strong character, able to have difficult conversations with suppliers
• Gravitas is crucial!
As the Group Head of Procurement, you will be actively managing suppliers in the chemicals, solvents and machinery industry and sourcing alternative suppliers through time is also a requirement. You will have global experience, and will be the face of the UK business group wide.
In return, you will receive a salary of up to £80,000, a car allowance and a bonus scheme in place based on company and personal performance
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply today, or contact Kirsty at Procurement People.