Head of Mechanical Supply Chain and Procurement
Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103756
Head of Mechanical Procurement and Supply Chain
Stevenage + Travel
£70,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Please note that in order to apply for this role you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance. Some dual nationalities considered.
Are you an effective and driven leader with the ability to transform a procurement department?
Do you have a strong background in procuring electrical and mechanical components?
Procurement People are working with a defence and manufacturing client to recruit their new Head of Mechanical Procurement and Supply Chain. If you are a strong man manager with the power to train, drive and empower a large team, this may be the role for you.
As the Head of Mechanical Procurement and Supply Chain, you will be responsible for:
• Lead the transformation of Procurement & Supply Chain activities in the mechanical category
• Manage & develop the team of Procurement & Supply Chain professionals, building internal relationships and enabling professional and personal development.
• Contribute to continuous improvement opportunities within the organisation
• Ensuring effective workload planning to deliver objectives, supporting the HR calendar and ensuring the wellbeing of the team is maintained
• Ensuring the definition & implementation Industrial Policy, Procurement & Supply Chain strategies consistent with requirements & policies
• Providing oversight, approval & governance to manage & execute commercial contract arrangements with suppliers, including frame contracts, building supplier relationships at senior levels.
• Manage the key Supply Chain activities required to deliver products throughout the product lifecycle.
• Ensure compliance & continuous improvement activities are established throughout the internal & external supply chain.
As the next Head of Mechanical Procurement and Supply Chain, you will have:
• A strong engineering (or) manufacturing (or) mechanical procurement and supply chain background
• A track record of leading teams to successful outcomes
• The ability to develop individuals professionally
• Strong direct procurement experience
• Experience in developing suppliers and turning around poorly performing suppliers and vendors
• A good background of managing and mitigating risk
• Ideally degree / Post Graduate in Business, Procurement & Supply Chain or Engineering
• Ideally CIPS qualified (Level 6)
• Strong experience in strategic & operational procurement & supply chain environments, with experience in both new product and production environments
• A background in defines or aerospace would be advantageous
As the UK Head you will have budget responsibility across multiple Mechanical categories including Precision Machining, Composites, Optics, Fabrications & Fasteners. You will be accountable for developing critical Category strategies, supporting significant development milestones and production capability. Finally, you will have the opportunity to build team capability to deliver critical business results through high levels of functional collaboration and team development.
In return, you will receive a base salary of up to £70,000 per annum, plus a generous benefits package including a bonus scheme, car allowance and flexible working hours.
If this opportunity sounds of interest, or you would just like to find out more information, please apply with your CV today or contact Kirsty at Procurement People.