Lead Buyer - Electrical
Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 123103754
Lead Buyer – Electrical / Electronic Category
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Would you like to join a fast paced, multi-national and energetic procurement team as a Lead Buyer joining the Electrical / Electronic team in support of Manufacturing and Engineering?
As the Lead Buyer, you will be responsible for procuring and managing supply chain for direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business.
Responsibilities will include;
• Proactively providing ideas and solutions whilst supporting the development and implementation of MBDA Group Category strategy
• Focusing on optimising cost, delivery and quality of products when leading negotiations with suppliers
• Contributing to managing supplier performance in support of the Supply Chain Managers operational targets
• Building strong relationships with internal customers in order to effectively serve their needs
• Raising and negotiating contract documents
• Actively participating in multi-functional and international teams; supporting definition and negotiation strategies for specific categories and projects
• Strong ability to read and interpret drawing data packs
• Previous experience in electrical / electronic technologies i.e. test equipment, interconnects or electronic components
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
In return, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £45,000 per annum as well as on-the-job training and mentoring in addition to CIPS training support for promising individuals. International travel will also be included as part of the multi-national nature of the team.
Please note that in order to apply for this role you will need to eligible for Secret Level UK Security Clearance.
If you feel you fit the above criteria, or just want to know more, don't miss out! For more information on this role, please contact Selina at Procurement People on 0121 272 8260